My video...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MIDI_EVIL, Mar 4, 2006.

1. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

Jan 23, 2006

Here is my second year video, it's a fusion of hypnotic and sleep inducing imagery along the concept of counting sheep.

Any feedback welcome, positive or negative.

2. FF_productions macrumors 68030

Apr 16, 2005
    Mt. Prospect, Illinois
    I have some positives and some negatives.

I love M83..I thought it was one of the most creative videos i've ever seen, it looked so professional...

My negative feedback: VERY long. Now I know this was an experiment, I would have made the boxes a bit bigger and change it up towards the end, it's just that same size the whole time, for a long time and maybe cut down the size of the song.

If anything, you build off of this video, and cut stuff out, and add different stuff in (change the sizes up, make it look more crazy).

Overall, I loved it and I'm guessing you used final cut?
  3. liketom macrumors 601

Apr 8, 2004
    Very very cool , reminds me of that aphex twin video with the train

so come on , what did you do to edit that !
  4. blitzkrieg79 macrumors 6502

Mar 9, 2005
    currently USA
    Well I am not a film critic but overall I like the movie.

Negatives are what FF said in the previous post. Overall its a bit too long, I would also make the squares a bit bigger, and I would synchronize the imagery a bit better to the music (especially to the beat of percussions).

But all in all I found it unique and watched it all (something I can't even say about most recent Hollywood productions where I either fall asleep or just turn it off)...

Since this is my first critique I give you 8/10 :p
  5. MIDI_EVIL thread starter macrumors 65816

Jan 23, 2006
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies.

Really grateful.

I've enjoyed both the positive and negative, and i agree on some too!

It was originally in sync and timed with the beats and bar changes, but the compression and online streaming takes it out of time. Glad you liked it though.

I love Aphex Twin, but i'm not familiar with the video? Do you mean the Chemical Brothers video? I used Final Cut to edit, really getting to love the program. Thanks for the feedback.

Wow, i'm glad you like it that much. I did try to use different size boxes, but it didn't seem to flow because when you viewed it, your eyes were adjusting to the different imagery and also the size of boxes. This way, after the first few bars of the song, the size of the boxes is visually engraved making it look smoother. I see you also use Final Cut...!

Thanks again guys, your feedback is very much appreciated.

I'm working on a documentary based soley on sound/visuals, absolutely no dialogue or narrative even. I'm also producing the score myself. I'll post it up here when it's done.

Thanks again,