My web travels take me to the DAMNEDEST places!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well, it does mean, per Wiki: in a military context, yes sir. But I'm guessing you used Google. The scary part is that means a bunch of people clicked on it. I'm hoping it's just out of curiousity.

3. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yes, I used Google and yes, I hope no one spent much time there past the front page.

As detestable as that site is, I have to admit I got a chuckle out of their Jawohl logo. I always thought funny Nazis were confined to Hogan's Heroes.

But at least it shows that even Nazis can have a glimmer of a sense of humor. Ironically, that puts them one step ahead of the fundies. :rolleyes:

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Have you seen The Producers? ;)

5. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Actually, I just saw it. And omigod, that was the *funniest* thing I've seen in a long time!!

I once saw a reviewer compliment a funny movie by calling it the work of "lunatics with cameras". That pretty much describes "The Producers". It is inspired! I'm still laughing just thinking about so many parts of it. :D

6. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I've seen the old one. How does the new one compare?

7. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

Taking the thread OT in a different direction, I thought Google ranked pages based on links to a page. Is it also based on user clicks? :confused:

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

afaik, that is indeed their methodology.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I haven't seen the new one yet either. I'm hoping it's even half as good as the old one, but with Broderick and Lane starring and Will Farrell as the nutty Nazi I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

It's one of those movies everyone should see. Along with Blazing Saddles.

10. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I'm going tonight, but the old Mostel/Wilder version is one of my favorite movies so I'm a bit hesitant about this latest one. My daughter loves it and is dragging me to see this new version.

11. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm sure the audience that would like to comment about "The Producers" extends beyond just the political forum, so I've started a separate thread about it here. :cool: