Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dafke

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2005
Looks really nice, the colours and the graphics are good i think.

just a few things:
-when i go to one of the image galleries there is no "back" or "home" button
-Limbo movie isn't playing
-because the grey border is so thick the page doesn't fit in the window and i get scrollbars and the page isn't centered, understand what i mean?
-allright, movie plays now, maybe make a download status bar?
-the rollover colours on the menu items only works when you're on the contact page

if you improve things like that you've got a great site!

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dafke said:
Looks really nice, the colours and the graphics are good i think.

just a few things:
-when i go to one of the image galleries there is no "back" or "home" button
-Limbo movie isn't playing
-because the grey border is so thick the page doesn't fit in the window and i get scrollbars and the page isn't centered, understand what i mean?
-allright, movie plays now, maybe make a download status bar?
-the rollover colours on the menu items only works when you're on the contact page

if you improve things like that you've got a great site!
Thanks for the comments everyone.

I am trying to figure out a home button for the galleries... but its not going so well.
I could make the border smaller... what's your screen resolution so I know what to accommodate?

I originally had Limbo as a flash movie, but the darned thing didn't want to play nice with GoLive. Perhaps If I added the QT controller it would be better... but I like the aesthetics of it the way it is now... I'll look into it.

Ah yes, the contact page. I have no clue how that happened. I scoured the source code, looked at my CSS, everything, and I cant figure out how to turn off (or on for the other pages) the green rollover!!

I m spel chekng frum now on... thank!

20rogersc, again, i'm torn because I think it could be cool to have the navigation in images or something... but I like the simplicity.
*launches ImageReady*

Dafke

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2005
i have a 1024 * 768 resolution, i think the percentage of people with smaller resolution is nihil.
there is some info on the website from simpleviewer about adding a back-button although it's not really extended. don't know if you've read but it's at the FAQ's.
Good luck!

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dafke said:
i have a 1024 * 768 resolution, i think the percentage of people with smaller resolution is nihil.
there is some info on the website from simpleviewer about adding a back-button although it's not really extended. don't know if you've read but it's at the FAQ's.
Good luck!
Thanks, I was looking for info about that.

How hard would it be to change the top navigation to something like the nav bar here
Would I use Image Ready or Photoshop?

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
Seconded on the navigation - I think it looks cluttered, not minimalistic, at this point.

Otherwise, the graphics are fantastic!

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Add some space between the navigation links at the top! Also I noticed that the "Contact" page has a hover color for the links, but none of the other pages do (not sure which of the two you want... I like hovers myself).

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
apfhex said:
Add some space between the navigation links at the top! Also I noticed that the "Contact" page has a hover color for the links, but none of the other pages do (not sure which of the two you want... I like hovers myself).

Kingsly said:
Ah yes, the contact page. I have no clue how that happened. I scoured the source code, looked at my CSS, everything, and I cant figure out how to turn off (or on for the other pages) the green rollover!!
If anyone can figure out how to fix this I'll PM you a fresh cookie.

Also, about the top nav bar... I tried making a black aqua (or is it areo? :p) pill button, got about half way, became extremely frustrated at photoshop, and nearly did physical harm to my MBP.
If anyone would care to help me, Ill PM you a cake!

Attachments

• nav_pill.psd
    82.5 KB · Views: 74

salmon06

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
The problem I have is looking at the site I expect flash animation, I like the dark window effects, but i'm dissaointed when i hover over items and nothing happens, there is no indication of what i can / can't click.

On another note, i'd move the top menu onto the picture in another one of the glass windows. Or fill in a different colour behind it (continues up from the background image...so the page appears to start at the very top and has the grey strips down each side)

The image gallery thing is cool, but it feels like your leaving the site to get to it. Perhaps carry the background image over?

On the menu's I would align all the link arrows to the right of the glass box, it'll look more balanced.

Salmon

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
the pictures in the photo gallery load waaaay too slow. I clicked on a few of them, but I can't stand waiting for photos to load.

I like the look of the site though... well done! I think when you fix the nav bar it will be even better. :)

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
salmon06 said:
The problem I have is looking at the site I expect flash animation, I like the dark window effects, but i'm dissaointed when i hover over items and nothing happens, there is no indication of what i can / can't click.
Hmmm. It's really very nice to see the thing not infected with Flash, but alinks could stand having a distinctive color, and mouseover'd image links really ought to do something. Even if the highlighting is subtle, people expect something to change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.