My website using .Mac and iWeb

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OnceUGoMac, Feb 18, 2006.

1. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Pretty good - I'd definitely change the font. Not all computers have Papyrus. More along the lines of Arial or Geneva. And the podcast? Are you going to update it every time? What will it be about?

Oh, and for a heads up, this will better suit in one of the internet discussion boards here on MR. :) ;)

3. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

Nice photos. I like the dark background.

In the "About me" and the "Welcome" pages, the user has to scroll down to read all of the text. It is often more pleasing when all of the text on pages like these can be seen without scrolling.

4. ldburroughs macrumors 6502

Maybe you've updated it based on the few suggestions above but I don't really see the issues they are pointing out. The font renders fine and will in most computers, the layout doesn't require much scrolling, if any, on an average size laptop, and this is a fine place to chat about the site.

I like that it is not too crowded and looks very clean - a product of iWeb no less. I'd be interested to see how the future podcasts and blog come along. Depending on your time committment, these can be rather time consuming to maintain well.

Good start though!

5. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

Site looks nice, good job.

I'm downloading the podcast right now to see what its about, I'll leave some comments once I have listened to it. :)

6. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

An excellent job! My only qualm is the photo on the welcome page... a tad washed out, no?

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm also not a big fan of the curvy font you use on the main page, but everything else, I mostly like. Nice. :)

8. OnceUGoMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep all suggestions in mind as I update the site. I love iWeb, it's the first website I've made since 1999 (using Frontpage). As for the washed out picture on my Welcome page, my girlfriend took it with her cell phone. I forgot to bring my camera so that's all we had for the trip. My girlfriend says the Podcast needs more dynamics. She's probbaly right. :D

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Was there a competition? Don't threadjack! :p