My whole school upgrading to panther!

Discussion in 'Community' started by tazo, Nov 6, 2003.

1. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

W00t! Yesterday I was talking to the school tech, who is an enormous apple fan, and they are upgrading every computer over 400 mhz and over to Panther :) The teachers will have to make quite a switch, from OS 9 to Panther :)

This will be good as then I can play around with expose a bit :)

Also it has become a big thing to listen to itunes when"researching" in the library. As one classmate said, how come my pc cant do that? ;)

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Tazo dont u have a mac? Thats cool though hat the whole skools gonna get pantherized....i wish my school had a mac in it...

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Sounds like it will be a great opportunity for switchers. That is quite a leap from Mac OS 9 to X. What is the reason that they didn't switch to X earlier. Hopefully the learning curve won't be too great. :)

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'm going to wait on updating our eMac lab until January since that's the time we redo software. But staff machines will get updated here and there over the next couple of months.

We're upgrading from Jaguar, so not as big a deal...

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Re: My whole school upgrading to panther!

They can now... Ever since H - E - Double Hockey Sticks froze up.:D

6. tazo thread starter macrumors 68040

tazo

Nope.

I am saving up for a low-end 15" powerbook, whatever it is when I have enough.

The 15" screen is the right size for me, and wont leave me feeling cramped when i am using the machine for multi-tasking (will be my main machine)