My wife pregnant, want to watch ipad stay on bed, this is what I designed for her

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by tp1, Jun 22, 2011.

1. tp1
    macrumors newbie

My wife pregnant, she want to watch ipad stay on bed, this is what I designed for her, but she don't like it, any good advice?

2. macrumors 65816

Yumunum

She doesn't like it? Seriously? Too bad it's too late for a new wife... Haha totally kidding. I'll try and think of new improvements you could make though. What doesn't she like about it?

EDIT: What's holding that thing in? It looks like it's ready to slide out and land on your poor wife

3. macrumors 68040

that's hilarious, sweet, and a little odd :)

my first impression was that i wouldn't want to have to reach up and gorilla touch it above me. that would get really annoying quickly, especially with it moving around every time you touch it.

i can't think of any way to improve it, though. assuming she can sit up, a bookstand like BookGem http://www.bookgem.com/ on a table like Dave http://www.flickr.com/photos/aranandjennie/206919332/ ought to be fine, right?

4. macrumors regular

Firen

Aww, that is so cute of you! Although it reminds me a bit of a sex swing...

And I agree with the poster above. It seems like it could slide out easily and hit one in the face.

5. tp1
    thread starter macrumors newbie

NO, it will not slide out, I've tried.

6. macrumors regular

I believe laying down like that and staring at a screen from the ceiling could cause headache. Beside like other say it will swing and not to mention had to raise your hand to scroll around the screen is nightmare.

Why not get her to either sit or lie 45 degree so that she could look straight at a 32" TV wall mount and have your iPad connected via long cable HDMI so that the ipad could be place beside her on the bed and she will just have to grap the iPad whenever she want to change show.

This is more easy on the eye too...

7. macrumors member

Good design,I will have a try :):):):)

8. macrumors newbie

awww...this is something really very cute..i would love to place my iPad like this....really hats off for your creativity and care you have shown for your wife....simply amazing...:)

9. macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

No offence meant, but it looks like some sort of peculiar sex harness.

10. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Best use of unused bondage harness ever. Obviously now unused since you already knocked her up.

11. macrumors 6502a

I'm surprised that there is no one making extention arms like bed lamp style! I would be nice to watch video in bed, reading etc.

12. macrumors 6502a

13. soco, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011

macrumors demi-god

soco

Come on. How did no one touch this one? Low hanging fruit? I'll pick...

We know it won't slide out. She got pregnant.

14. macrumors Core

iBlue

Does she, uh, sit up? A U-shaped pillow (like boppy pillow) turned upside down on her belly may prop up the iPad. Maybe I don't fully understand this problem.

More importantly, the room decor looks designed for insanity. :eek::p

15. macrumors 601

Won't her arms get really tired?

Can she only lie down? Not ever having been or going to be pregnant I fail to see what the issue is.

As some posters pointed out, those black straps really do look like something you'd find in a SM dungeon.
    Judging by the bedroom colours, perhaps if they were in pink with periwinkle blue lacy frills she'd appreciate them more?

16. macrumors newbie

You have designed something spectacular , i can see how big you love your wife,

I have a tip, i do not know whether it can be applicable for your current scenario, try to connect your ipad with hdtv, connected with remote keyboard and mouse, your wife can watch it in big screen more clearly without any fuss.

17. macrumors 6502a

Laying on your back during the third trimester (and often second) can be REALLY uncomfortable, and even dangerous for some women (it can compress a major artery). I agree that something that allows her to sit up a bit would be better. I'm sure she appreciates the effort, though!

18. macrumors newbie

They did, we have this stuff at home. Great with kids.

http://www.iwareit.com/ipad

19. macrumors 6502

lmao...just when you think you've seen everything. i don't think many women would like those straps hanging over their bed.

that iWARE Caddy might be onto something.

20. macrumors 6502

dang that's crazy...she'll be one unhappy camper if it does ever fall lol

21. macrumors G4

skunk

:confused:

I see no image.

22. macrumors demi-god

Dang, missed the pic. :mad:

23. macrumors newbie

haha me too! I thought my internet connection was being funky.

24. macrumors member

Here's a stand on eBay for $70 is looks nice

25. macrumors member

what happened to the pics you posted? were here yesterday but gone today????