My wife stole my MacBook Air (True Story)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by yespi, Dec 4, 2008.

1. macrumors member

A couple of weeks I asked from the wonderful guys over here if I should get the MBA since I already have a MBP.
    cause I travel about 3 hours every day to work. I finally got it and love it.

Now the story begins.
    My wife (not a mac user yet or she is;)) has a Dell laptop and when I told here I'm getting the new MBA she was screaming why I need another computer over the MBP but got it anyways. :)
    after having it for a few days she told me she wants to use it for a little bit, she became in love with it right away. after that she told me she wants to take it the next day to college, I let here.
    Than it was only once a week, than she said one day for me and one day for her, now she wants to have it every day :(

I guess I'll have to buy one more of this little toy. :confused:

2. macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I understand it's your wife and stuff but...maybe try to reinforce the fact that it's yours and you bought it for a specific purpose? :)

3. macrumors 65816

bbotte

I understand, I bought our Air and said to her we would share it(My wife and I with two user accounts on it) and well Apparently I don't know how to share. :)

4. macrumors 68000

silverblack

Why is that her fault? You bought yourself TWO Macs, and left her with a Dell. What kind of husband were you anyway :D

5. macrumors Core

alphaod

Why are you complaining. If you I was her, I'd have made you given up both computers and made you use the Dell ! :D

6. macrumors 68040

You are the man of the house.

Be a man, and get on your knees and beg for it back.

7. macrumors G3

Sesshi

Well in my case a member of my family looked at the Rev. A and expressed deep longing. I was very happy to give the piece of crap to her.

And now, the parent has also been smitten by the looks of it and I will be handing over the equally piece of crap Rev. B shortly.

8. macrumors 6502a

Too funny. :)

9. macrumors 68040

bigjnyc

Interesting i've been reading all over the place how great the rev B is and how it addresses all the issues that plagued rev A

10. macrumors regular

My understanding of your question.
    You bought a macbook air for yourself and your wife is now the primary user.

Man Law states that "sharing is caring" and this is not permissible.

11. macrumors 68000

Tell her she can keep it, BUT you never have to take out the trash again!
    :)

12. macrumors G3

Sesshi

Not all. And some issues I have with it are actually part of the design.

See, some of us actually do travel a lot and try and do work on it. Judging the level of improvement of the machine by gauging how improved the viewing experience of a cat playing the piano is pretty indicative of the level of 'work' notebooks are expected to undertake for many Apple users.

13. macrumors 6502

Do you care to elaborate what you were doing which was so poor on the Air while travelling? While I understand that the Macbook Air is not as powerful as some of the other laptops, it now comes close to the Macbook. I think it's still one of the most powerful laptops out there for it's size and portability. So what exactly did you replace the Air with which is much better for you for travelling?

Kan-O-Z

14. Guest

I will buy one for my wife, another 3 for our 3 children. just because we think its pretty, True Story

15. macrumors newbie

Wrong person on their knees. :p

16. macrumors 65816

zer0tails

well, that's that. Sell the Dell and buy another macbook air for yourself. :)

17. macrumors 6502a

Man are you gay? what sort of story is that? what is your point?

18. macrumors 6502a

iGrant

It was a story about a Windows person that had the chance to use a Mac, and now uses it daily. I find most Windows users that use a Mac are surprised by how much they like it. They all almost always tell me "I just never had the chance to use Mac before . . ."

-iGrant

19. macrumors 68000

Latent Homephobe much?

20. macrumors 68020

pilotError

Woman...

First they take your soul...

Then your MBA... :eek: :) ;)

21. macrumors 68000

kockgunner

:eek:

22. macrumors regular

what's wrong with that? My wife uses a white MacBook now and I told her that if she likes, she can upgrade to either the new aluminium MacBook or the MacBook Air. All she have to do is tell me which she wants. Loving is sharing your Mac. So, buy another MacBook Air. You should be glad that she's giving up the Dell for a Mac!!

23. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yea, someone I let use my MacBook once said all macs suck because they don't have anti virus software and he was missing the blue screen he constantly got. At least she's addicted to it and not hating on it. :D

24. macrumors 6502a

Now that I have the Rev B Air I will be passing my Rev A on to my girlfriend. She has always liked it, now she can use it full time!

25. macrumors 6502

deorg

Lol thats so true my uncle got divorce and the ex wify took his laptop and it was a MBP