My wrists really hurt from the Macbook edges

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sartajc, Sep 24, 2007.

1. macrumors member

The edge of my white macbook is REALLY sharp and it really hurts my wrist. is there any product to fix this?

2. macrumors 65816

Get new wrists? :)

I have either adapted to it by placing the heels of my hands fully onto the palmrests, or just use my laptop differently than most because i have never really had a problem with my MacBook edge.

I can not think of any products off hand that do what you want, but perhaps someone else can.

3. macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

4. macrumors 68020

majordude

Classic. :D

5. macrumors member

Sorry. No idea. I have no problem using MacBook... :)

6. macrumors 6502a

Move your hand up higher?

7. macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Do you have a spare keyboard lying around? Plus you shouldn't be resting your wrists on the machine in the first place. That is poor ergonomics.

8. macrumors newbie

I had a similar problem and so I bought the Marware Pack with the stick on Palm wrest for the MBP. It works great for me.

9. macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

This is why I am about to buy a MBP. I cannot use the macbook for extended periods of time... And the keyboard is too low to be holding your wrists up in the air for more than 5 minutes.

10. macrumors newbie

I've been typing a lot on a colleague's Macbook lately, and initially I encountered the problem of the wrist slicing edges and was flabbergasted that Apple would make such a poor design.

The best way to get around it seems to be pushing it to the far edge of the desk/table so that you have as much tabletop in between you and the Macbook as possible to rest/prop up your arms on.

11. macrumors newbie

Sticking something underneath the back of the laptop will help by tiltling it.

12. macrumors regular

I use a bluetho keyboard and problem solved....

13. macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I guess you could use a lint free cloth or maybe a screen protector that when not protecting the screen can protect you wrists.

14. macrumors 6502a

chas0001

I have one of these ILAP really nice and comfy.

You can also use this to make the screen Matte :)

15. macrumors 6502a

First though change the grit!

16. macrumors 68020

phungy

Stop applying so much pressure on your wrists! :p

17. macrumors member

I noticed this the last time I was in an Apple store. The edges are really sharp compared to the edges on my iBook. They definitely aren't comfortable to rest skin on.

18. macrumors 68000

this is probably one of my biggest gripes with my MB. Also the weak-feeling hinges. I feel like i'm very slowly committing suicide. As one poster said, the keys aren't deep enough to allow for "correct" hand posture. Typing "correctly causes finger strain with such a shallow key depth.

19. macrumors 68000

njmac

I have never complained about an Apple product before this post, but damn, the edges really are sharp. My forearms get really marked up and sore after using my MB for a while.

I know I should change the position of my computer but this is the way I have been using a laptop for years and I am comfortable this way (except, of course, with the MB :rolleyes:)

View attachment 85949

Another kind of weird thing is that the fonts don't really look smooth on the MB like they did on my powerbook 12". Small text is hard to read. weird. On my PB, everything was so crisp and clean, even really tiny fonts.

20. macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

I think that some macbook's edges are sharp while others not so much. Mine are very sharp and it's the reason I'll probably upgrade when these new aluminum MacBooks hopefully come out. I just hope the design feels as good to me as the 12" powerbook did

21. macrumors 65816

jackc

Yep, expensive but nice.

22. macrumors 6502a

wear long sleeve shirts

23. macrumors 68000

njmac

I would but its 85º out right now. My forearms are really sore. This computer will be going back to the Apple Store tomorrow. I can't take it anymore, its annoying and painful.

24. macrumors 6502a

chas0001

I have found a solution to your problem........100% guaranteed!!. No more marks from the Macbook anywhere on your body. Thank me later :D

Attached Files:

25. Mal
    macrumors 603

Mal

Just sit the MacBook at a different angle, that's what I do. My wrists set fully on the wrist rests, but don't hang off the edge (or else don't touch at all, which is better for me but more tiring). Just a strip of tape or something over the edge would probably help too, though I'm unwilling to mar the appearance of my computer for that.

jW