My Xbox 360 Logo (Illustrator)

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Afro1989, May 18, 2006.

1. Afro1989 macrumors 6502a

Hey, this is my first time ever using Illustrator so don't be mean. :D I know I'll improve over time. This was a school assignment and we were to create a company logo with a maximum of 3 colors including black.

Comments, suggestions? :)

[​IMG]

2. HughJ macrumors regular

good attempt, but maybe needs jazzing up slightly and remember a graduaion is still a single colour ;)

3. ATD macrumors 6502a

The Xbox line art greatly overwhelms the type. Focus on the type first and see if you can solve it without a large image.

4. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Way too much for a logo. Simple-ize it.

Product logos genrally do not feature the product in them.

EDIT: Why not make up your own company for the assignment? This will give you more freedom to do something creative. Xbox isnt even a company, it's a product.

EDIT #2: Like this... made from your username:

Attached Files:

5. Afro1989 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha, that looks sick dpaanlka. It's not like it's a huge project or anything. It's just kind of a project to learn the nooby basics of Illustrator. I'll keep your tips in mind though! :D

6. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

You're right. That Afro Finanical logo took me all of 2 minutes to do.

Good luck! :) Be sure to post whatever you come up with.

7. octoberdeath macrumors regular

octoberdeath

8. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

9. Dahl macrumors 6502a

Logo design is one of the hardest things to do within the design world. The specs are hard and it's even harder to come up with something original.

Logo rule #1: The logo has to be designed so that it can be seen and understood, when it's placed on a pencil. Many forget (or don't even know) the difference between a logo or an illustration.
    Your logo is too large or you need to do something to fill it out. Outlines doesn't work well. Also, pick a nice font, not a bland one.

Good first try.
    :)

10. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i don't claim to be a professional, but i agree with the others--it needs to be simpler, and smaller. also, i don't mean to be offensive, but the curved type doesnt look very good. i had to do something similar for school, though we also needed to have a website. here's what i cam up with

Attached Files: