Myer has iPod mini for AU$299

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by oingoboingo, Feb 16, 2005.

1. oingoboingo macrumors 6502a

oingoboingo

Sorry if this observation has appeared somewhere before, but I just noticed that Myers at Macquarie Centre in Sydney is selling iPod minis for $299. Apple Australia still lists them at $399. Sorry, not sure what colours they had, how many left in stock, or if this discount applies at all Myers stores.

2. kaylee macrumors regular

kaylee

Myer actually had a sale on all ipods (except 20Gb model) for $100 off on the 4th of February. I managed to get myself a blue mini on the way to work (there is a Myer in the shopping centre I work at, and I heard an ad on the radio just as I was parking my car). Most Myers in Brisbane were sold out by the end of that day so I was rather lucky to pick up one when I did. Apparently they are now advertising that they are having them on sale again to start today (Wed 16th). One of my friends managed to get a mini as well in the earlier sale - he asked the sales person how they could take off $100 on the iPods and he/she replied that Apple had told them to do it. Also, when I bought my mini, the sales guy told me that they had also taken $100 off the minis for 2 days over the christmas period.

3. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I've got the Myer catalogue, which came in the mail today the iPod mini is on sale for $299 (limited stock) and the 20GB iPod is $449...normally $500. Pretty good deal. :)

4. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Actually I picked up the 20gig iPod for $400 at Megamart (Myer). Same price as the mini sweet :cool:

5. JRM macrumors member

6. JRM macrumors member

When I bought mine for $280 so did 4 other staff members, plus we had so many customers after them. We destroyed a cabinet full of 30 in a day. Good for iPod sales I'd say!

7. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

One Myer store (Pacific Fair) that I checked a couple of weeks ago, the iPod had sold out.

8. Devie macrumors 6502a

damn, Adelaide musnt of been having this deal :(, I havnt seen or heard it anywhere...