myLife

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by clayj, Aug 9, 2005.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Hey, has anyone else seen this? Is this just some fanboy's wish, or possibly a real device?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

considering that it says... Freehand and Photoshop at the bottom, with out reading i am thinking it was created with those programs as a mock up. i doubt its real, plus thats way to many buttons.

4. fitinferno macrumors 6502

Second that. Though if it were real, how big would it be? The day Apple comes out again with a PDA will be a very great one!

5. MacHarne macrumors 6502

That hideous mono speaker on the front panel is... hideous. If Apple ever adopted an analog control for volume (that wheel above the speaker), I would vomit.

6. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    At this point I think it would be silly to say that Apple will not come out with a tablet. They have patents for one, and we can all see the Mighty Mouse s a great example of the enexpected from Apple.

Though, the artist made a great attempt, he missed the one thing Apple is renowned for.... SIMPLICITY.

I hate tablets. I think anyone who thinks they are the future of computing is on crack.

7. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Laptop computers that have been turned into tablets are indeed crap. However, a computer and interface designed from the ground up as a tablet will probably be the future of partable computer. It will be a device that combines the simplicity of a (good) PDA and the power of a laptop. Apple is the one company that I think could pull it off because they are generally willing to create an entirely new product that isn't like any of their old ones... and it usually works.

8. fitinferno macrumors 6502

Yeah, but how do you type on something like that? Would you write by hand?? That's one of the reasons I moved from paper & pen to laptops...lol...otherwise, dedicated tablets are quite nice :)

9. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

That or a bluetooth keyboard/mouse. There's also those virtual keyboards that are made by projecting lasers onto a flat surface and motitoring motion. A combonation of all those would be good in my book. Built in BT as standard, handwriting recognition for truly on the go, and a built in virtual keyboard for those times when you need to type but don't have the keyboard with you.

10. mpw Guest

For the record I'm not on crack.

11. Lau Guest

Apple would never use that vile, vile, typeface used there for "it's". <shudder>

12. Alone2Gether macrumors regular

13. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

with all the cracked os x versions running around out there on the web for pc... could one install it on a tablet pc and basically have a mac tablet of the sorts?

14. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

I agree. It's horrible.

::20ROGERSC::