MyPublisher discontinues iPhoto Plug-in after May 28

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacBytes, May 19, 2008.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003

Category: News and Press Releases
    Link: MyPublisher discontinues iPhoto Plug-in after May 28
    Description:: MyPublisher—which specializes in custom photo book software and manufacturing —will discontinue its iPhoto Plug-in after May 28. The plug-in lets you create albums in iPhoto but order them from the company instead of through Apple.

Posted on
    Approved by Mudbug
  2. macrumors 68010

Oct 23, 2003
    Brunswick, MD
    This seems like a step backwards to me ....

I gave MyPublisher a try, about a year ago, to make a photo book for a Mothers' Day gift. The iPhoto plug-in was one of the reasons I took them seriously. (I figured if they went to the trouble to integrate their service that nicely with Apple's software, they were probably a pretty viable and competitive alternative to Apple's own photo book service.)

I was pleased with the book they sent me, although the cover itself could probably have been a little nicer. (I didn't opt to pay more for one of their premium leather covers or anything ... but still, the way they just glued a sheet of paper on top of the hard cover was a little cheezy.)

But with them requiring you use a separate application now, I'm not sure I'll bother with them again. This is really functionality that's a perfect example of something you'd do as a "plug in" to software like iPhoto.