Myspace crashing Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ddekker, Oct 13, 2006.

1. ddekker macrumors regular

has anyone ran into certain (bling bling) myspace pages crashing safari? certain pages are pretty consistant with it (I hate those bling pages)

DD

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, they don't play nicely together. I haven't had Safari crash, but it can slow down considerably. Maybe post an example of a page that crashes Safari for you. :)

3. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

I don't think this is a Mac related issue... I've had this problem on both Macs and Windows based machines. Myspace is just a crappy website. :rolleyes:

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Well, MySpace isn't too stable, the flash plug-in isn't stable either, and many people overload their profiles with useless garbage and templates for Internet Exploder. Is it any wonder that crashes occur?

5. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

For some reason, MySpace crashes my router. Don't ask me why, I don't understand it. The thing just overheats and crashes...

6. tomokun macrumors member

tomokun

A lot of embeded profiles (Stuff with windows media files especially) have issues with safari. My tip is to use a seperate browser (I use the G5 Deerpark build of FireFox) JUST for myspace use.

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Indeed, not only myspace but any type of overloaded friend site. People just too much on the page and makes safari go down.

Bless

8. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

use firefox, myspace has never worked too well in safari, this is the only reason i have firefox as safari has never let me down other than with myspace.

9. keithbennis macrumors regular

keithbennis

It's the person's fault on the page.. the html's prolly all fubar. Safari is real particular on reading html I believe.

Just use FireFox or Camino.....

10. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

MySpace is crashing the nation, if you ask me. Even some of my close friends who I thought would never give in to the (supposedly existant) temptation began creating their own ugly MySpace to show off their lack of respect for form, style, and class in general.

I don't understand it.

11. nakedguy macrumors member

nakedguy

Get people to switch to hi5... It plays along nicely with Safari.

12. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

The times I was on myspace with Firefox or Camino, I got stuck with the spinning beachball. Load spinning for ages load spin so on and so on.
    I'd never go there again. Those user sites are filled with so much crap its unreal. Nothing is ever laid out properly kind of like a patchwork quilt :eek:

13. jedi77 macrumors newbie

I simply refuse to visit myspace pages. No matter what browser or what Operating system I am on it either crashes the browser or slows it down to a snails pace. As other mentioned before me it's because of the excessive song and video files users put on their myspace pages.

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's true that hi5 is easier on browsers. You can't customise much of anything there. Some of the others have similar flexibility so they're also safe but the two most popular are highly customisable and broken most of the time.

15. rocktofakie3 macrumors member

Im using the windows safari

:mad::confused:http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

and on this page http://Myspace.com/ (The log on) It crashs only on my Windows account....NOT MY PARENTS....i have reinstalled it from both accounts....i dont know why? Anyone?
    :confused::mad:

I might add it doesnt crash on other websites that i know of and yes its just beta but it never crashed before...​