MySpace Kills Internet Tube Song

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jul 14, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

wired

for anyone curious about the chilling effects the removal of net neutrality could have, here is an example. emphasis mine.

2. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

godbless amerika

haha although as per usual the Daily Show makes the end of the world seem less horrible

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

[old man voice]
    Back... I say back when I was a kid political satire was protected by this thing called Free Speech. And... And you could get a steak dinner, a double feature at the movie thee-a-ter and a hooker for 10 cents. 15 cents on the weekend.
    [/old man voice]

Lethal

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So, Myspace, owned by the same neocon who owns Faux News, removes something that makes fun of a neocon senator. Bull****.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

... in front of who's Senate committee said neocon has legislation regarding 'net neutrality (the whole reason Stevens was going on about The Tubes to begin with) pending.

No possible conflict of interests there, right?

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yeah, it's a load of crap.

Myspace should be boycotted (this is 1 of many reasons) but of course you'll never get all of the emo kids to go along with a boycott, they'll have nowhere to post their emo poetry, pictures of them cutting themselves and audio clips of hawthorne heights.

7. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

that's not the point, though. telecoms et. al. are pushing hard to get legislation which would make this kind of filtering and censorship the norm. it's congress who should be getting the message, principally ted stevens and rep fred upton.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I know. I think the thought of not having net neutrality is scary. Emospace should be boycotted for other reasons completely unrelated to politics :D

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I like MySpace. Found a lot of good local bands and I can blog for my friends. I know in the wrong hands, it turns into something else entirely. And the people who now own it suck, like when M$ bought out Hotmail (bastards, I was there first). But I'm not letting this get to me. I'm glad they got their account back, I would have been right there with them complaining that it was shut down.

The irony almost made my head explode though.