MySpace Privacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by CubaTBird, May 17, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Do any of you guys who use myspace here worry about privacy? I have one, but only allow have a select group of friends on it. Nevertheless, I do worry about privacy from time to time. What do you guys think? :confused:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Depends on how personal your stuff there is, I guess...How sensitive is the stuff you post there? You shouldn't put your physical address or phone number in there. :(

I don't get this whole "people in your extended network" thing -- I mean, I understand the premise, but if I look through my friends, I can never figure out how I'm even loosely related to those people. I wish you could disable that, so you'd get less random "attention" from weird people....

3. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

its not like it asks you to post your address or phone number so i dont know why you would be worried about privacy, besides you have the ability to deny friends so just dont add anyone you dont want to or dont know, i have 62 friends and i know all of them. so no worries for me :p

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    whatever u put on the net consider it open for others to look at. if you dont wnt ppl to know, dont put it on the net.

5. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

good point

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I don't have any concerns for me. I have my IM account information up and it's rare that I hear from anyone I don't contact initially. I scare people. :D Yeah, I'm one of those weird people you want to avoid.

I've seen a lot of people who give their whole name and phone numbers and I think they're just asking for someone to give them trouble.

If you're thinking about privacy, don't put anything up there that you don't want the world to know. If you keep browsing friend lists, you'll find everyone eventually, even though the lowest age on the browse function is 18. People under 18 often show up on the "cool new people" thingee.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think it's your sig! :eek: ;) :D

8. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

its just that high school is almost over.. and theres so much drama and crap that i don't want to be a part of... i just want to get it over with and move on during the summer before college...

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I don't think they see my signature on MySpace. :D

10. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

hey guys, i want to cancel my account, but i keep hitting cancel, and it won't send me the confirm email.. is there a way around this?

11. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I don't know but you might want to check your e-mail account to make sure it's current. The only other thing that I would do would be to contact customer service.

12. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a