Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

synthetickittie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2002
Boston
Ive had my 1.42 powermac for a little over a week now and just LOVE IT and been able to do all work perfectly even tho before this I had never realy used a mac before (besides in stores on display). Now for the first time Im stumped on how to do something. Well on my pc I used to go into access and import a mysql database from the server that my site is on. Now I dont have access only excel now since Im on my new mac and no clue how to import a mysql database from the web into it. I seriously need to know this and realy dont feel like firing up my pc to do this because I was seriously hoping never to have to turn that thing on EVER again.. accually only to test websites that I make to make sure they look the same on pc's. Oh ya and I can download from my server the mysql code that will make the database, so if anyone knows of any mac program that can take that and change it into a file excel can read right.... So ya lets all please help out the mac newbe please. ;)

synthetickittie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2002
Boston
um I think you thought that meant that I want to have an excel database on my computer and use that as my database for my site? is that what you thought I meant?.... Accually what I was trying to explain was that I have a website on a server(not on my computer, some server I pay for) and on their are a few mysql databases I work with and I used to on my pc download threw MS Access and then save it as an access file and then that made it easier then setting up a page with php code to look at all my members and such info and I could also e-mail that access file to certain people. Now the problem I have with my mac is office doesnt come with access and I have no clue on how to import mysql files from a server into it so I can save it as an excel file.... Sorry Im a little hard on explaining things, more of a code/math I can do it but cant ever explain to other people how to do it kinda person.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.