MySQL Netbeans 6.5

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by roamy, Jan 30, 2009.

1. macrumors member

Feb 15, 2008
    They said that netbeans 6.5 comes bundled with MySQL but it is not installed. Just the admin tool. When I go to MySQL site it has two options for piece of **** leopard:
    32 bit
    64 bit
    No indication of which to install.

Then when I read most of what I can find - I still can't see which version to install.

Then when you google (MySQL piece of ****) you get more responses that indicate this is a very bad solution.

1st question - Is ANYONE sucessfully running Netbeans 6.5 and MySQL
    2nd question Is ANYONE successfully running any other database with Netbeans.

I have latest Leopard (probably should say Leopaista) because it works about as well as Vista
    PPC - I will move to intel shortly.

Lastly - I am trying to work with Netbeans 6.5 visual web because apple screwed up webobjects soooooooooooo bad it is a nightmare - and perhaps this is as well.

Unfortunately I hate to be so direct but from the time I started using NeXT to the entire migration though OS X Leopard has been the worst experience i have ever had by far and this includes building openstep machines for many years.
  2. Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Try MAMP, the easy way to install MySQL for Mac OS X... ;)
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Feb 15, 2008
    for anyone that caress the 32 bit worked the 64 did not
  4. macrumors newbie

Feb 8, 2009
    Kazakhstan / Turkey
    You are absolutely right! Mamp is the best one for mac. No need to set something manually. mysql+apache+php (all in one)