MYSQL problem

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by felipson, Jan 2, 2007.

1. felipson macrumors member

I have MBP C2D I recently installed mysql. This is such an amateur question to you all, but I can't seem to get my mysql to work. In the system preference section, at the bottom there is a mysql icon. when I double click on the icon, i get this message that says "Preferences Error" you cannot open MySSQL preferences pane on this computer. Contact the developer of this software or a newer version." I downloaded the 5.0.27 version. Is there a newer version or something? How can i remedy this problem? Thanks in advance for your professional help

Attached Files:

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

Did you install the PowerPC version of MySQL?

Maybe you would be interested in trying MAMP

3. felipson thread starter macrumors member

I downloaded Mac OS X (package format) downloads: Mac OS X 10.4, (PowerPC, 64-bit) The Standard Version.

4. felipson thread starter macrumors member

I think i know what my problem is. I think i've installed the wrong mysql. I have chosen power pc instead of intel. i have mbp c2d intel chip. My next problem now is how do I uninstall this wrong version? I want to uninstall this as soon as possible before i go crazy and reinstall my OSX from scratch. Thank you.

5. big_malk macrumors 6502a

Have you checked for un-instal instruction on the page where you downloaded it, or in the documentation that came with the download?
    I usually just run the installer when I install new things, I don't bother un-installing first and I can't think of any problems I've had because of it.
    Can't guarantee it would work in this situation though!

6. SFSquid macrumors newbie

MYSQL problem

I'm running into the same problem. Did you figure this out?

Thanks