Myst IV compatability questions

Discussion in 'Games' started by natness, Jun 12, 2005.

1. natness macrumors newbie

May 6, 2005
    Is anyone successfully playing Myst IV on an iMac? With or without Tiger? I understand there are compatability issues with Tiger. I am contemplating partitioning my drive with an earlier OS so I can play this game, but I was wondering if I might encounter any other problems (graphics card, DVD drive.) Specifically, I will be playing on a rev B 2.0 imac.

Are there any other good adventure (not RPG) games that will run on this system?

Thanks in advance,
  2. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

Dec 18, 2003
    Ran perfectly on my iMac G5/1.6 when I had Panther, and I haven't had time to get back to it since I got Tiger; maybe someone else has checked.
  3. jcgerm macrumors member

May 28, 2003
    It doesn't install on Tiger and I'm not sure if it runs properly. The makers of Myst IV say its a bug in Tiger that prevents Myst from running and aptly blame it on Apple.
  4. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

Mar 12, 2005
    Hermitage, TN USA (near Nashville)
    It runs fine on my Blue & White G3 with a G4/450 mhz upgrade card with a Radeon 7000 that has 32mb of vram. (The only problem is that the lips and words don't always match perfectly when the actors are speaking, but it does not really affect the game play at all, and the delay is not enough to be bothersome.) I'm sure it will be more than fine on Panther on your system. Do the partition thing and you'll be fine.

In fact, it ran the exact same when I used mirroring with two monitors which means each monitor was run with only 16 mb of vram.