Myst IV Revelation Demo

Discussion in 'Games' started by elliotay, Aug 7, 2004.

1. elliotay macrumors regular

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Downloading now. I wish I had a faster connection though, it's going to take over 2 hours :(

3. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

What's up with Myst anyway? It seemed like Riven kind of "closed out" the story (or at least that's what was mentioned in the Riven manual that tells you how to win and stuff), and then Myst III (and now Myst IV) comes along, made partly by some other company, just to make more money it seems. Personally I wish they had just stopped after Riven, these last two seem kind of fake (not from my experience playing them, but just due to the fact that as I said, I thought Riven was supposed to give some kind of closure (certainly more than Myst I gave), and then some other company comes along and decides, hey we'll just keep making sequels and more money). Anyone agree? Maybe it's just me.

4. TheGimp macrumors 6502

The demo is a complete waste of time. Nothing new in the gameplay, and graphics are low-res. To those waxing nostalgic - "you can never go back" - this game makes that painfully clear.

5. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

Hmmm... they're not going to sell many copies with a demo like that. What junk. The demo should show the product at it's best, I would have thought.

6. ifjake macrumors 6502a

yeah i tried the demo, it crashed, and didn't warrant a retry.

7. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

I haven't played Myst since college when my buddies and I spent a week with Myst I. Bought Riven, but never took to it for whatever reason.

But the demo worked for me. Yes, it was too short, and the graphics are low res, but I bought the game and am looking forward to it. But it inspired me to buy the game.

I think it will fill my nights better than TV. Plus, with a new 23" to play it on, it should be fun.

I'm looking forward to it.

8. Bluefusion macrumors 6502

Bluefusion

I've always been a Myst fan, and with Riven especially I was just blown over by how COOL it all was. Beating Riven was a really satisfying experience--

And then Myst III came along, which is still BY FAR the best Myst game, and the most enjoyable/interactive.... totally reinvigorating my hope for the series.

So essentially, I'm just hoping Myst IV is more like III, rather than URU (the crazy third-person MMORPG concept doesn't work for this kind of game at all). I'm downloading it now, and hope I won't be as disappointed as it sounds like I'll be... :(

9. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

The gameplay was too boreing for me. But that's just a personal preference i guess. As for the graphics... this thing should be able to run on the oldest of macs... they suck...