Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Multiplicatoren

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2016
The "Battery is not charging" notification appeared, leaving the indication light of the charger green instead of the orange light with 80% battery capacity left. Things I've tried:

- Reboot --> not a solution
- Reset SMC --> not a solution
- Reset PRAM --> hey! This actually helped ... for 1 day, but the battery charged veeery slowly (>12 hours for a couple of %'s of battery capacity) than the problem re-occured.

- Use CoconutBattery to verify battery health --> good, no issues. See attached file.
- Reset SMC --> not a solution
- Reset PRAM --> not a solution

- Remove battery & complete another cycle of resets --> not a solution

- Tried a different (verified well-working) (60W) power adapter --> same problem

- Weird fact: when I leave the MagSafe connected, SOMETIMES IT TURNS ORANGE, and the battery IS CHARING, however... very very very slowly (>10hrs for 1%).

At this point I started to run out of solutions I got think of. Next step would be a complete re-install of the OS, however this feels unsatisfying.

I've installed the latest Sierra updates, bought the MBP in the US and am using it now in the EU after having moved there. Your help would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 20.26.05.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 20.26.05.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.