mysterious volume controller- the mobile!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by fatties, Jun 8, 2006.

1. fatties macrumors regular

hey does anyone else have a problem with the ipod where the volume gets racked way up (or down, but that is not as shocking) randomly? i have a 5g ipod and whenever it is sitting near my razr v3x it mysteriously controls the volume itself. i was wondering whether there was a fix to it? though i am sure me jumping a mile out of my seat on my commute is fun for others to watch, i am not sure i want to go death yet... or have my sleep disturbed...

thankx

2. dcv macrumors G3

Try setting the "hold" switch to on, to prevent this interference.

3. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Mine used to to this.

I think its with the 'waves' coming out the mobile, they cause interfierence.

Its the same as Mobiles about to receive a text message, or a call, will make a radio and some TVs make a 'chuh-chuh-chuh' noise. :p

4. fatties thread starter macrumors regular

yeh i thought i was being stupid too with the no- hold/ button brushing against things thing... but unfortunately the mobile phone seems to be impervious to the hold mode...

5. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Phew.. at least it's not just mine. Nearly got deafened a few days back when a receieved a text message and the volume shot up to 100% :(

Just need to remember to keep the mobile a little further away from now on :p