Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AppleScruffs, Mar 22, 2004.

1. AppleScruffs macrumors newbie

Mar 19, 2004
    im sure theres probably been posts about this before but is there anyway to get mytunes to work for a mac. or a mac equivalent? why cant i find anything about this?
  2. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    Well it was available for mac sometime back. But I read somewhere that the developer,a student who just developed it as an interest, got a crash on his PC and all files were lost. He then said that he doesnt have time to again develop it from the start...what else can you expect from a PC
  3. jamdr macrumors 6502a

Jul 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    I don't think so

I've looked for this myself, and to the best of my knowledge, no equivelent exists for the Mac. For those of you who don't know what it is, MyTunes lets Windows users downloard shared music on a network. I beleive this feature used to be part of iTunes, but Apple had to block it because people were using it to illegally share music. I don't even really understand this argument because I thought it was okay to share music with a couple of people (i.e. lend a friend a CD even though you already have a copy of it on your iPod). Isn't this the same concept?
  4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Legally, it's not okay to lend that CD though, if you can still play the music. You're allowed a backup--that's all.

It's okay to stream music over local networks using iTunes but it has to be very local.
  5. vasaz macrumors member

Mar 23, 2004