MyTV 2GO is crap on OS10

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by frescies, Feb 1, 2003.

1. frescies macrumors regular

Dec 9, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I got a "MyTV2GO" TV tuner on ebay and it worked great on OS9. However in order to upgrade the unit to OS X you have to upgrade the firmware of the tuner... Makes sense.

I upgraded the firmware to run in OSX and the framerates are HORRID. It is slow and aggrivating :(. I wanted to throw sticks and such when I found out that the firmware upgrade is SUPOSEDLY irreversable!

I really want this thing to run in 9 again. I wish there was a way to run a hack on the firmware updater or something to make it run in reverse.

If you have any ideas or similar experiences I'd really appreciate them.

2. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

Oct 30, 2001
    London, UK
    I had literally tons of problems when I went to OSX with the MyTV tuner (not the MyTV2Go tuner like yours, though.).

The drivers weren't finallised for ages - it was only until early last year that they were released - and they weren't great, either. But they were classed as Beta drivers, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

However, when the OSX.2 driver came out, it ironed out all the bugs that I had with X.1.5 (i.e. a nasty black border in full-screen mode...).

Looking at technical support page, I see that the MyTV2Go drivers have been finallised for both 10.2.3 and for 10.1.x & 10.2.x - have you tried to "downgrade" the software by uninstalling the driver (sounds like you went for the 10.2.3 installation), and installing the 10.2.x version?

You might get a speed boost then...

Good luck!
  3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    eyetv is supposed to blow away anything out of eskape labs from the reviews i read. Hate to say it but you buy cheap you get cheap. eyetv is supposed to be the way to go on the mac. Now if only ATI would release an all in wonder 9700 for the mac like the pc we could have our cake and eat it too! sorry for sounding so negative but was really thinking of Mytv untill i saw a couple of reviews that said basically the same so now eyetv will be one of my next purchases unless ATI figures this out.