myTV.PVR

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iHateGates, Jul 5, 2006.

1. iHateGates macrumors member

Is anyone here familiar with myTV.PVR? I just picked one up and the reception is great, but there are some VERY basic things missing in the instructions. And this thing gets hotter than a Macbook Pro. Can anyone help me?

2. iHateGates thread starter macrumors member

Help!!!

ANYONE?!?!

I click the icon to make the image full screen, but can't go back to just a window. After 20 minutes, I gave up and just shut down. Also, the thing won't turn off, I have to unplug it.

3. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I bought one of these and ended up returning it. It ran up my Powerbook fans to full speed and I considered the software to be too buggy. I shelled out some more cash for a Firewire EyeTV which I find to be a much better product, albeit at a higher price.

4. mian macrumors member

I have one that I am using with my mini. I have not found the answers to your questions. The remote will not turn off the unit and I can't return to window mode without quiting the application. It works, but the interface and the controls are poor at best. I'll be watching the thread to see if anyone has answers to your questions.

5. dustboy macrumors member

Maybe this is too little a year late, but to get out of full-screen you just hit escape or the yellow button on the remote.
    I just got one of these last week, and the picture is great, but the software is garbage. I'm stuck with it because it's the only thing still on the market that doesn't need usb 2.0.