N.Korea says "we got 'em, now F-off"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by TrenchMouth, Feb 10, 2005.

1. TrenchMouth macrumors 6502

NY Times article (free membership required)

Sounds like a nice big leave us alone from them. Not quite sure how this will turn out, but I say...let's leave them alone, they can take care of themselves.

This is a logical next step though. Technology and the means to attain it are becoming more readily availible to the rest of the world. Instead of stopping them it might be time that we learned to deal with it in a new way. Just a though, what do i know?

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well you should know that this belongs in the Political section of this forum...

3. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

I dunno... sounds like a current event to me. *shrug* Could go in Politicts too though. Either way, I can't read the article because I refuse to give them my email address.

4. emw macrumors G4

emw

Go to Bug Me Not to get logins for these sites without donating your e-mail to the NY Times.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well there is certainly some overlap between politics and current events, but generally if your post is likely to draw partisan responses (and sooner or later someone will come along to tell us that this is all BC's fault followed by someone else claiming it's all Shrub's fault) it really should go into the political section. It's gonna wind up there anyway, so save the mods the hassle. :p

6. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Keep in mind also that the DPRK has rocket capable of hitting Hawaii and enough tube artillery to flatten Seoul in 15 minutes. Simulations suggest they have the capability to roll all the way down the Korean peninsula before the US could respond with reinforcement. A nuke to Japan to take out or cripple the US Pacific Fleet and the Korean War would be over in a month after a 50 year hiatus.

China could take the opportunity to lay the smack down on the ROC and that would be that.

Japan would be closed to the US. South Korea gone and Taiwan over run. There would be no US presence in the western pacific.

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Chilling.

Of course, they'd face massive nuclear retaliation but I've heard they have some pretty deep bunkers...

8. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

What about good ol' Guam and Saipan?

How is North Korea going to conquer Japan in your scenario? Ferry back and forth troops on their 10 amphibious assault ships, hoping none of them is destroyed by Japan's superior navy? That's 3,500 troops each trip. Hmm. Japan has 250,000 troops. Plus the 40,000 US ones there.

9. neut macrumors 68000

neut

where else is there to go, but down for them? literally!

nothing but the slow decay of man will be left if WWIII begin/ends ... nowhere to go but the next evolution; too bad it may be brought upon by force. :rolleyes:

we could all just stop this you know ...

peace.

10. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

there really isn't much further down for them to go, in fact they can nearly not lose tossing a few nukes, things there are so bad. Of course it really is only bad for everyone other than the pupet masters, so the pupet masters are the only ones with control and something to lose,

I would bet that china would join in a smack down of ROK if not just sit back and let them get it, if they were to be so stupid. It is a shame they have been allowed so much western technology.

11. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

12. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Lol! :D

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

14. mpw Guest

So kinda like there being no N.Korean presence in the US. Would you happy if they get rid of their nuke's and allow a US presence that the US allow them a military presence in the US and get rid of US nuke's?

15. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Whilst I agree Kim is a complete twat,that website is a load of bollocks its not even well done and it isn't funny.

16. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

17. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I read the article and the problem with both that and the original is the lack of quotes or sources. However the stupidity of "world leaders" sometimes even astounds me so maybe he did claim this(see Al Gores invention of the internet).To Quote the indy writer"Half the news that escapes the hermit kingdom is hearsay, the rest mostly rumour". Hopefully someone can shed some light.

18. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

19. brap macrumors 68000

Lighten up, it's not the end of the world. That's the other story.

20. mpw Guest

Nearer than G5 P'Books?

21. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

*SMACKSMACKSMACKSMACK*

"Smartass...."

Some factoids ( and some ******** ;) )spun with a little sarcasm:

Not to worry!

* Dubyaw's Missile Defence System (StarWars v2.1) was designed for use against exactly the kind of cheap-assed spin stabilized warheads that Pakistani chap spread designs for. Which means our esteemed President likely knew this was a distinct possibility from nearly the moment he gained the office.

* The only time in history the USA has been silly enough to put the bulk of it's Navy in one place was Pearl Harbor and even that instance has some stink of prior knowledge to it (all the new ships were elsewhere).

* We have a fleet of Nuclear Subs that've likely been lurking in the Indian ocean since we first began to suspect Nukes in Pakistan. The most likely scenario for response is a near-immediate erasure of DPRK in 20 or 30 briliant flashes of incredibly expensive Fission/Fusion hellfire.

* Because of the intricacies of international Nuclear first-strike policies it's very likely that the US Subs would find their missiles among many others from France, Russia, Likely China and even countries that would otherwise remain non-aggressive like Canada. (That's right Canada. The Canadians have only one Nuke-boat and it's worth redeploying from it's usual post in the Potomac (Kidding) for this little jaunt.)