Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magiclaffs

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2010
The Ipad game Nova, http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/n-o-v-a-near-orbit-vanguard/id343596730?mt=8, went to .99 today. Bought it. Installed it. Did nothing but play the intro video clip then crash, going back to the springboard.

I wrote customer support over at their website, but nothing yet. So after much searching I found a fix for a similar game and tried it: it worked. Since the game is large, the fix is to shut the Ipad down completely (hold power button for 3 seconds, wait for the shut off slide, then power down). Wait 10-15 seconds then power back up.

Works fine.

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
You'll find that this is a good fix for many apps that crash, especially on older hardware and lower RAM devices. The iPad doesn't really have as much RAM as it should, IMHO. Combine that with a game like NOVA and you get crashes, which is fixed by clearing the RAM which = restart.

TheBritishBloke

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
United Kingdom
You'll find that this is a good fix for many apps that crash, especially on older hardware and lower RAM devices. The iPad doesn't really have as much RAM as it should, IMHO. Combine that with a game like NOVA and you get crashes, which is fixed by clearing the RAM which = restart.

Not enough RAM? Go back to 1998 where you were basically rich if you had 256MB RAM :D

magiclaffs

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2010

I like it- when I got it, it was .99 cents. THe graphics are great, though the controls take a bit to learn.

JulianL

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
London, UK
I like it- when I got it, it was .99 cents. THe graphics are great, though the controls take a bit to learn.

I like it too, and I'm not usually a big fan of FPS games. I think I also bought it at the .99 cents (59p) price.

I haven't had any issues with it crashing on my iPad by the way.

- Julian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.