Nabbing women at a party... Need tips! ;)

Discussion in 'Community' started by ravenvii, Feb 3, 2005.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    So yeah... I got suckered into going to a party at a club tomorrow. I'm not a party person, and the last time I went to a party was... uh... well a year ago at the least.

I need women tips. How to Get Women at Parties for Dummies if you will. Help a antisocial guy out!
  2. chanoc macrumors 6502

May 20, 2003
    Anchorage, Alaska USA
    - Never spend more than 40 bucks on a date. This includes buying gifts, flowers, candy, jewelry, etc. It does not help in getting laid. It's a waste of money. If anything, buy alcohol and get her drunk.

- Never approach a woman in a club who has her girlfriends with her. There is no point, you will not get laid when women are in groups.

link :D
  3. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

Mar 8, 2004

Be yourself.

Do you have a sense of humor? Use it to your advantage and play off what they say in a playful way, never insult them.

Be confident.

Dress well.

Button up dress shirts (ironed) with some nice jeans and shoes (no sneaks) leave the shirt untucked so you appear chilled, casual.

Don't get wasted thinking it will help your confidence.

Is your goal to "get girls"? Can't you go to have fun with your friends? Maybe a girl will approach you? Just don't appear uncomfortable, that will only hurt your chances.

Be honest.

Always dress for the occasion of the place, i.e., club, restaurant, sports bar...

You'll do fine.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Do you want a woman for a quick shag or for a slightly longer time period?

Former - give a plain woman in the bar lots of attention and alcohol. You'll deserve each other. :mad: :rolleyes:

Second one - don't approach gaggles of girls but make eye contact with one of the girls you fancy and when she spots you (she will!), smile and see if she smiles back. If so, any gaggle of girls worth their salt will make up some excuse to send her to the bar, the loos which mean she has to walk past you etc so that you can then say hello and see there's a conversation worth having.

Don't try stupid chat up lines - listen to what she's saying so that she feels important to you. Don't let your first physical contact be an abrupt tongue in ear instead place a hand on her arm/shoulder/waist - tactileness without pressure is v appealing.

Lastly - smile and chill out. Stressed out/grumpy/desperate men aren't attractive. Go to the party with your friends, drink, dance and have fun and don't pressurise yourself into finding a girl unless you see one you are actually interested in.
  5. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    You've just described the essential 'pulling' uniform for normal Norman's here... :p
  6. Veldek macrumors 68000

Mar 29, 2003
    That’s exactly what I wanted to ask. Why do you care about girls? It’s a party, so just hang out, have fun and see what’ll happen.
  7. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Well for one thing, don't mention you posted a thread on a 'computer' website asking for advice for a start ;)
  8. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    exactly this is my point everytime someone brings this up... instead of sitting in front of a screen, you ought to be out talking to people, learning how to be social.
  9. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    just enjoy yourself with your friends. if you chance upon someone interesting just talk :) dont go there expecting to get laid cuz then you will miss out on all these oppertunities to talk to other ppl and have a great night
  10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location

If you dance poorly, then dance poorly.

That's what EVERYBODY DOES!! :eek:

Oh, and from what I've read in my recent cologne thread, wear 1 spray of cologne on your neck or something. Don't smell too much. Girls have a stronger sense of smell than men. ;)
  11. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
    Be yourself. Don't play a role. If you are very sarcastic and have a dry sense of humor (like I do :)) then use it. Just think twice about what you say, all the time. You never know what will come back to bite you in the ass.
  12. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

Jul 23, 2002
    Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
    Chapter 19:

If all else fails, slip her a mickey.
  13. jeremy.king macrumors 603

Jul 23, 2002
    Fuquay Varina, NC
  14. dPratt macrumors member

Aug 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Chapter 20:

Finding that special someone (to post your bail) :rolleyes:
  15. apple2991 macrumors 6502

May 20, 2004
    Ask her if her guy is boring her, and tell her you're from another planet. Promise her excitement, adventure, and really wild things.

If that doesn't work, don't panic.
  16. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

May 7, 2004
    Sod off
    Just watch the film A night at the Roxbury and you're set!
  17. aloofman macrumors 68020

Dec 17, 2002
    I have nothing to add, really. The others are right about not approaching a woman in a group of her friends. She's looking for safety in numbers until she sees a guy that interests her. When that happens and she leaves the group (for whatever reason), then approach her.

But the biggest thing is this: if you're not comfortable in social situations, then you're not going to be "nabbing" any women. Get comfortable being yourself around strangers, then worry about busting a move.
  18. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

Aug 5, 2003
    Not even a 2nd page after almost 12 hours!! :eek:

Ohh, this is not going on the good way... Ask Mymemory!!! (Sorry, I couldn't resist) :D (Maybe you could look for that B.Gates's pic and inspire a bit) ... Good Luck!! It's a party!! Do not try to impress saying you use a mac ;)
  19. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

Oct 4, 2000
    Nor Cal
    Instructional Dance Video

Practice Practice Practice! But DO NOT Practice with a Web Cam!

Watch for the eye brow maneuver - it just kills me! :D

20. Mantat macrumors 6502a

Sep 19, 2003
    Montréal (Canada)
    First thing first: do a search inthe forum under 'Mantat' and 'flirt', I posted a few trick last week.

To sum it up, I have enjoyed a life of great dating (depravity and great sex) all thanks to these qualities:
    - confidence
    - great sense of humor
    - never lie

Women are like animals: they can smell fear! Naturaly woman are interested in man that can be providers, protecters, etc... So if you dont have any confidence in yourself, how can you excite their most basic instinct?

In parties, girls like to have fun (who doesnt?!?). If you can be a great entertainer, they will enjoy talking to you and thus will stay with you, will learn to know you and will be more interested in you. This is generaly the most difficult part: getting her to want to know you. Once its done, its like a letter in the mail!

Never lie. It might be tempting but dont! It always backfire on you! For exemple, if the girl ask why you came to talk to her, dont say it's because you felt a special something or any crap like that... Simply say that you havent had sex in a while and need a quick fix. Err.. Maybe not say that after all... Altho this sentence worked for me every time, it must be used by a pro in special situation... You better simply say that she look awesome and compliment her on her clothing, hair, etc.. Girls love compliments on their style btw, its a great start if you cant find anything more entertaining to say.

Now as someone said before, here are the dont:
    - dont spend cash to get a girl, it simply doesnt work. Trust me on that.
    - dont get drunk, you wont get any girl that way... Idealy, you should be able to keep your first beer until you have approched the target. Then you can get a refill if the conversation goes down a bit.
    - dont over dress, under dress, forget to clean/shave yourself
    - watch out for the shoes! No white socks, EVER!
    - dont wear anything that look 'too fashionable', you want to look good, not like an advertisement for a stupid cloth brand
    - if you dont know how to dance, dont dance! It can kill you!

Things to watch:
    - her boobs / ass! But only once and before you are in close range! What ever you think, girl notice when you look at their rack. Trust me on that one! So you better take a good look at them before its too late in case there is something wrong! After that, ALWAYS look her in the eyes and never divert to look at another girl in the bar, EVER! It would kill you straight!
    - If she is smilling when talking to you, it basicaly means that you are doign well, so keep on going!
    - if she play with her hair, it means that she is in 'seduction mode'. DONT try to touch her hair!
    - look at her eyes and see where she is talking. This can be a good way to tell if she is interested in your.

Other trick:
    - Body contact means that she is getting more and more interested.
    First move should be done by her, actually, she will go 80% of the way toward you and you will have to do the remaining 20%. First move is always super discrete: feet touching each others, hand in the back, elbow, etc...
    - The more the conversation goes, the closer to the face the contact can be. We are animals and the face is instinctively the most delicate part of our body: we only allow people we trust to touch it. So dont even think about touching her hair, its like an agression!
    - Of course, never touch boobs / ass in public. You will lose all the credit you have earn in a second...

Things to know:
    - women need sex as much as men. Its just that its badly seen by society so they dont want to admit it. They can separete love / sex, as much as guys can / cant.
    - group of girls are very hard to break in but there is a ultimate trick: look at the girl you like until she notice you. Make sure you get a smile back. Then try to talk to one of her friend and tell her that you are interested in her friend and what she think of it. If you dont look like a moron and play it well, she will introduce you and your game will be 10x easier because you will have the benediction of the 'friend'... This is based on the fact that girls always like to play the 'matching game', so by using this strategy you allow her to play the match-maker and if the other girl is already taken, she can point you toward another of her friends.
    - Girls always say that they have never slept with a guy the first night.. Trust me, they always say that. I know that you are not going to believe her, but just play along... If you comment on that, she might think that you think that she is a whore and bump you right there... So play it safe and just be happy that you got a great girl.

I think that should be enough...Too much knowledge without experience could be dangerous to you ;-)

I really need to write a book about all of these tricks before I forget them.

Finaly, dont forget that seduction is a game! Have fun, experiment and dont be affraid to do it!
  21. gekko513 macrumors 603

Oct 16, 2003
    That Leykis list was truly lame ... Is it supposed to be a joke?
  22. combatcolin macrumors 68020

Oct 24, 2004
    Northants, UK
  23. topicolo macrumors 68000

Jun 4, 2002
    Ottawa, ON
    Great tips Mantat, I can personally vouch for practically all of your advice, since I've been using similar methods myself for a while.

I would have to say that looking at her boobs/ass does work at close range, but only once as you said, and you have to be totally unapologetic about it. A hilarious method one of my friends did was to start staring at a woman's boobs as they were talking and when the woman said "Are you staring at my boobs?" he put up an index finger and said "wait a sec, I'm not done checking you out yet," finished staring, and got back to the conversation. It works like a charm :).

I think the overall mindset that gets women interested, especially the most attractive ones, is a sort of confident indifference. You're acting like women aren't scarce so you don't really care if she's attracted to you. That way, as you're verbally teasing her, you can send physical signals that you're attracted. Women love these mixed messages and it gets them thinking about you, which increases their attraction further.

Don't worry if you don't pick any girls up. Think of it as a learning experience and make sure that you have fun above all else (and instead of liquoring her up, get her to get you drunk and keep warning her not to take advantage of your drunkeness :p).

Mentat: I just noticed that you live in Montreal. If you ever come to Ottawa, send me a message. We'll go for drinks and hilarious stories :)
  24. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    "The usual sir? A martini for you and a roofie coloda for your date?" :eek:
  25. neut macrumors 68000

Nov 27, 2001
    here (for now)
    never take advice from someone you don't know ... how's that for advice? :p

you guys who go around picking up women and taking advantage of their few weaknesses are sick, but so are the girls you're sleeping with. if you fall in love ... will you share with her all the wonderful times you had taking advantage of women for sex? :rolleyes:

Raven VII - it all depends on you ...

You're antisocial, so find yourself a nice anti-social geek girl. there are plenty of them out there; you just never notice them 'cause you're looking at the 'pretty girls'. geek girls are a much easier to hang out with. none of this dating rules **** or dress codes and all that bs.

If you're looking to get laid by a hottie than just act like confident ******* and it will just happen. Of course she will need to be drunk ... but i doubt that's what you're after.