Nader Campaign Aide Pleads Guilty to Fraud

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Jul 5, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

while I don't agree with all of Nader's views, I do respect him. I found this to be pretty sad, of all the straight up organizations-I thought his was probably one of them.

Link

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Interesting Stubeef. I would have thought Nader to be better than this. Oh well, appearances can be decieving...

3. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

After reading Unsafe at Any Speed, I had a lot of respect for Nader, but his transformation into a politician was always a little unsettling. It was hard seeing such a straight shooter speak political speak--the kind of stuff that no one believes but which you have to say. Sad, but not a very complete story. Why were 9 of the 10 counts dropped? Sounds like he did something pretty minor if the penalty was 30 days and $2500.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

How much does the actions of one zealot in Virginia reflect on Ralph Nadar personally?

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I used to respect him. I think he's lost touch with reality in recent years. I don't know if he himself had anything to do with this, but they can't possibly think they're actually helping anybody. Maybe the people they claim to be so diametrically opposed to. Kinda sad more than mad.

6. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

i still respect him, I admire his intelligence, his desire to help people, and his grit (never thought I would use that word not talking about John Wayne).
    Every organization has someone pulling a stunt, Nadar's was no different. Kerry had them, Bush, and every other candidate. I don't see this as a real bad on Nadar, but like I said earlier I would have thought his organization would have been one of the more up and up, I am sure he would have told them to.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Exactly. I always thought of Nader being as somewhat above the likes of those 2. Guess not. It's not so much this, as this on top of everything else. Big picture.