Nader isn't all he claims to be.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Voltron, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Voltron macrumors newbie

May 9, 2004
  2. Taft macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2002
    So a person who is against corporate corruption isn't allowed to invest in stocks or any of the myriad of financial instruments which leverage stocks?

I'm against corporate corruption. I think the pigs at Enron should go to jail. Same for any corrupt corporation. I also think that outsourcing is a negative thing for our country and its pace is sped up artificially by corporate leaniency.

Should I dump my 401K because of my beliefs? Should I exit the market, bail on capitalism, because I think certain companies are corrupt or are hurting our economy? I probably own GE, too. I could have owned Enron for all I know.

3. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Feb 27, 2003
    How did Nader earn his millions anyway?

Was he ever a CEO of a private company selling a product?
  4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Nader earned his money by suing GM. (At least the millions you are referring to, before that he was an author, lecturer, government employee, etc.) They tried to frame him (hookers, etc.) in order to discredit him for criticizing their cars. It backfired, they were caught, exposed (doubly), and he used the money to found Public Citizen, an organization that fights for consumer rights and accountability in government.

Talk about putting yor money where your mouth is...
  5. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Feb 27, 2003
    Was he an attorney (earned his money by suing GM), or was he an injured party (bought a Corvair). Was GM penalized for trying to frame him?
  6. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Jul 4, 2003
    Terlingua, Texas
    Back in the days of "Unsafe At Any Speed" he swore he didn't own nor drive any car.

Too bad. It would have been nice had he known what he was talking about.

I heard a couple of hours of Nader on "For The People" talk-radio with its host, Chuck Harder. Incredible!

"They" want to wreck the U.S. economy. The Tri-Lats, the Bilderbergs, the CFR. This dynamic duo never quite made it clear why the Filthy Rich, who make a helluva lot of money by selling products into the U.S. market, would want to wreck that very market. Duh? Wealthy industrialists are stoopid?

Verily like unto Ross Perot, "NAFTA and GATT will send U.S. corporations overseas!" It had never occurred to them, apparently, that U.S. corporations were already moving manufacturing efforts overseas. No treaty needed.

7. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Jan 1, 2004