Nader loses Green endorsement

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

In a huge setback for Nader's campaign for ballot access the Green Party has nominated David Cobb as their Presidential candidate.

link

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

3. BOSOX78250 macrumors newbie

4. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Actually, it's very good for Kerry. Without the endorsement of the Green Party it will be almost impossible for Nader to be on the ballot in some of those twenty-two states. I still think perhaps the Peace & Freedom party is an outside chance to endorse Nader, but without that the ballot access rules for independents are next to undoable in California. The key, of course, will be if Nader is on the ballot in the "battleground" states. Here is a story from Oregon (a state were a sizable Nader vote could turn the state to Bush.)

link

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Yeah Sahey, I have been in the thick of this here in Portland...thanks for posting it...Oregon as a swing state, is becoming quite a battleground, with some strange allegiances...

6. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I do not envy you. I hate poltical ads. More so than beer ads with large breasted and round bottomed women. (Who, if they drank that much beer would definately not look like that!)

7. BOSOX78250 macrumors newbie

I thought that the Green Party's votes tend to take away from Rebublicans votes. Nader is fairly populaur amoung the Green Party. At least here in Texas he is. Not arguing just making sure I am on the right track.

8. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

No, the Green Party is a left, progressive political party. You can see the politics of the party in their platform. This doesn't mean there aren't Republicans who vote for the Greens, particularly out of environmental concerns. The majority of Green voters, however, are from the left side of the political spectrum and would tend to be Kerry voters or nonvoters rather than Republicans. That certainly was the case last election when Nader was the Green Party candidate.

9. BOSOX78250 macrumors newbie

Cool, thanks for setting me straight. I was on the wrong track.