Naked man carrying concealed tool

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by beatsme, Nov 7, 2006.

1. beatsme macrumors 65816

Oct 6, 2005

EL CERRITO, Calif., Nov. 7 (UPI) -- A Southern California man newly released from prison is facing charges of being naked in public and having a 6-inch awl concealed in his backside.

Police in El Cerrito, Calif., were summoned Thursday morning with reports of a naked man masturbating on a tree stump near a rapid transit stop, the Contra Costa Times, a California newspaper, reported Monday.

Police located and arrested John Sheehan, 33, on a charge indecent exposure, and before seating him in a cruiser, Sgt. Paul Keith asked him if he had anything on him that police should know about.

Detective Don Horgan said Sheehan volunteered that he had a 6-inch awl wrapped in electrical tape in his anal cavity. Keith summoned the fire department, who declined to extricate the tool, and an ambulance was then called.

However, Horgan said Sheehan volunteered to remove the tool himself and did so at gunpoint. He offered no explanation as to why the awl was there, the report said.

Police added one felony count of possessing a concealed weapon to his arrest sheet, Horgan said.
  2. Queso macrumors G4

Mar 4, 2006
    Sounds like someone was missing Daddy :D
  3. Rojo macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2006
    I wasn't going to click on this, and then I thought... "wait -- if he's naked, how can he be concealing something?"

Should have listened to my intitial reaction.... :(
  4. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Feb 10, 2006
    Oh that was me. Glad to see my little stunt made it to MR!

His name was Bubba, okay?! We were in love!

:D :D
  5. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    What? He admitted it. I mean, yes, he sounds a bit off, but a concealed weapon charge for an awl? So, if I carry an awl in my pocket, that's a felony in Cali?

Odd. Not quite as odd as what the guy was doing, but in a way just as disturbing.
  6. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    I agree. I mean, it's hard to say whether he was planning on using it. But is an awl wrapped in electrical tape all that dangerous? It couldn't have been all that sharp if it were in his butt. If it were sharp, he'd be in the emergency room with a bleeding rectum. A dull awl wrapped in electrical tape? I find it hard to believe that he couldn't come up with a better weapon, if he actually had the intent to harm someone. Maybe he just needed and couldn't afford a dildo (they are expensive, you know!) :).

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    I'm guessing that, even if he intended to use it, his intended victim would have easily escaped while the guy was removing the "concealed weapon"....
  8. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    Hey, is that an awl in your pocket or are you...

It would be interesting to see a list of items that would be considered "weapons" in California. What if I work in construction and have a screwdriver in my pants? Or a hammer?
  9. Earendil macrumors 68000

Oct 27, 2003
    I live out here in the boon docks of Washington state. We aren't hick ville, in fact quite sophisticated, but still a small town.
    The other day I got in the car with a co-worker who is about 27 and just moved here from NY-NY. I removed a 4 inch folding pocket knife from the seat in order to sit down. He saw this and flipped, thanking me that I found it and was really happy that nothing had come of it. A little talking later he tells me that in NY if a cop were to have spotted it in his back seat during a normal pull over, like for speeding, it would be fully within their rights to search his entire car, and that they would.

This in contrast to where he (and I) live now, where all the 4x4 trucks have shotguns mounted in the back window :cool:
    I told him he could lighten up about it :D

No, I don't know if what he claimed was true, but he truly believed he was right, and thought the same thing would apply out here. It's interesting how laws are different, and more so how officers will apply the laws to different parts of the country/state/city.

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    At first I was amazed that anyone would stick something that sharp up their ***, even wrapped in electrical tape...but then I suppose he inserted the handle end and used the "business end" to stick into the tree stump.

Even so...there's gotta be better ways to commune with nature. :rolleyes:
  11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    Just when you think you heard it all something like this is reported. Man is one crazy S.O.B. This has to be the reason ET wants nothing to do with us except for the occasional anal probe.
  12. MacNut macrumors Core

Jan 4, 2002
    Im sure if he sat down that it could become dangerous to him.:eek: