Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chibob

macrumors member
May 13, 2011
Brazil
Hi,

I'm not very familiar with the west coat (or any of the US, really!) and had never heard of Mavericks until yesterday. I have to say, the name is growing on me after initially not liking it.

Part of it is the dual meaning (a maverick being a non-conformist, it's like Apple's going back to it's Think Different days!), but the name just flows as well! :p

I was just wondering what you thought the next version of OS X based on the Cali theme will be?

I thought maybe OS X Yosemite, OS X Hollywood or OS X Golden Gate. The final version could be OS X Cupertino!

Just a bit of fun as I count the days to the Mavericks release... :eek:

The naming scheme is going to be difficult this time around, since it needs to be both inspirational and have a marketable name. Unfortunately many spectacular places in California have Spanish names, which doesn't make sense for people that don't speak the language or live in California. We are already off to a bad start with Mavericks, but I would suggest:

OS X Imperial
OS X Sierra
OS X Trinity
OS X Yosemite
OS X Golden Gate
OS X Pinnacles
OS X Headwaters
OS X Sonoran

Fun Choices:
OS X YOLO ;) (seriously a county name)
and if they implement iOS Clown Pants's new look, than OS X Death Valley.

Please, can you tell me next numbers to PowerBall? lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.