Nano after a few days/weeks - Pictures?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by GrandMan, Sep 25, 2005.

1. GrandMan macrumors newbie

Jan 6, 2004
    Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of purchasing a Nano later this week, however, I would still like to see what really happens to the Nano after a certain time. Could any of you who have the nano post some pictures of what your Nano looks like now, and maybe detail how long you've had it for and if it's encountered any additional trauma than normal usage would create.

Thanks in advance,

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The product is less than a month old, so pictures of nanos aren't going to be very old. I was in the Apple Store in Santa Monica last night, where the nanos on display get constant handling from shoppers, and they all looked perfectly fine - no marks. Of course, if the models on display get scratched, Apple might simply put out new stock.
  3. GrandMan thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 6, 2004
    I read a post where someone who talked to an Apple store person got told that they change the Nanos on display 15 times per week! I've also read alot of stuff about Nanos looking months old after a couple of days, major scratching etc, that's why I'm looking for some pics :)
  4. md11 macrumors member

Jul 26, 2005
    15 times a week, that gives me more than twice a day. Lets say the store is open for 12hours, that means a nano lasts for 6hours..
    In this case at least 50% of the nanoproduction ends up in stores (for 6 hours)..

5. gallagb macrumors 6502

Apr 28, 2004
    "where did all the nano's go"

this means that <somewhere> there are a whole slew of nano's ready for me to buy @ half price!
  6. CompUser Guest

I bought mine 3 days after they were released. It is a 4gb white. No scratches on the front or back. My friend has the black which shows fingerprints really easily and his backside has scratches all over it.

I take care of mine :)
  7. Must.Get.nano! macrumors regular

Sep 12, 2005

The front of my nano is fine. But the back scratches VERYYY easily. i just held it for a couple of songs and it had scratches for some reason :confused:

but that shouldnt be a reason not to get it.

8. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, here's what you do... go ahead and order one now; they're on a 1-2 week wait anyways. In the meantime swing over to* and spend the $6 (including shipping) to have a skin shipped to you. Have the skin in hand so that the moment the nano arrives you can apply the vinyl covering to the whole thing and you won't have any problems with scratching. At $6 a pop you can probably afford to replace it a couple times a year, just in case you get a tear in it or something.

* or the skinning shop of your choice. I chose them because the price is so good. Once my nano gets here (this week, I hope!?) I'll post a full review of the product.
  9. jmufellow macrumors regular

Jun 17, 2005
    At least he takes care of his...
  10. nomad01 macrumors 68000

Aug 1, 2005
    Birmingham, England
    I've ordered a Decalgirl one too but it's not arrived yet.

However, I have ordered one of these: nano

Works and looks great but only covers the front and the click wheel. There's no back cover so I've had to use a PDA screen protector to cover that.
  11. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    My Nano scratches very easy. I just carry it around in the "nano pocket" in my jeans, and this is what has happened in about a weeks time. A little disappointing, but the scratches dont really bother me.

Attached Files:

12. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    Too bad there isn't an easy way to incorporate a quartz glass cover over the screen. My expensive watches have been through hell and back and not a single scratch exists on them.

13. maya macrumors 68040

Oct 7, 2004
    somewhere between here and there.

Surprised that Apple does not use it for they iPod line. It only makes sense as you pay a decent amount for it. :)