Nano Ali (Aluminium) owners thread :)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by crashlock, Sep 26, 2006.

1. crashlock macrumors member

Just got my silver 4G Nano today. And I am so stunned with it. For me it's the most incredible thing i've seen from Apple. It's so small and so gorgeous I just couldn't help but wonder what other people are thinking who bought one.:D

I am also glad to announce i managed to get it in the UK for £116.50, due to a little help from the Nectar card and Argos. Points well spent :cool:

2. N10248 macrumors 6502a

N10248

I'll be getting one in a week or so (theres a hole in the top of my iPod Hi-Fi waiting for it :) ).

But i've have heard a lot about a high pitch whining noise the unit emits, anything like that happen on yours?

Bye

3. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Congrats on the new purchase of your nano!

Be sure to check out the other threads regarding this exact topic, including some pictures :)

Pictures of 2nd Generation iPod nano on Macrumors

New nano 4gb Silver thread :)

Quite a few more, but enjoy :)

4. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I have a green 4GB nano. It's the best ever :D Over a week (well not constant use but definitely a lot) and it still hasn't been charged!

5. pm3009 macrumors newbie

No whining noice from my 8GB Nano

I bought my 8GB about a week ago and it hasn't made any whining sounds at all. LOVE it!

Pam

6. crashlock thread starter macrumors member

Yeh no whining sounds. If anything it's silent. The screen is also much brighter than I expected. I also found the new head phones a massive improvement. Sound now seems 3D and the ergonomics are vastly enhanced. I can now listen to my iPod in bed as I found out lastnight laying on my side doesn't hurt my ears like the old headphones did.:D

An improvement i'd like to see tho would be a software enhancement to allow a "Podcast Screen Light" feature where it could set your iPod to turn the screen on half brightness and stay on for the entire length of a Podcast as some of the shows such as the MacCast or Macworld have a changing artwork track which runs during the show.:cool:

7. Vster macrumors 6502

I love the new nanos too! I just bought the 8 gig for me and a 4 gig (green) for my wife and they are great. No whine, or any other problems for that matter. Just awesome.:D

8. crashlock thread starter macrumors member

9. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

4GB blue here...bought it just last saturday. Really enjoying it, and it's nice to finally have an apple product shortly after it's out. Everyone loves the blue, I'm so glad I chose that over silver.

10. sid872 macrumors member

I have a 4GB blue Nano which I bought last week. I wasn't sure if I would use it but I'm listening to it quite aibt espcially now I'm using iTunes.