Nano Battery Horrible

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jpez, Dec 11, 2011.

1. jpez
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

Can some one please tell me if my battery is bad. I just got the newest nano and the battery drains very quickly even when I am not using it. At night it drains even when I turn it off and by the morning it is totally dead. Please tell me this in not normal, if so that is a horrible battery for such an expensive product.

2. rgarjr
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 603

rgarjr

Do u turn it completely off or just sleep it?

3. iPhoenix
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

Bring it to store for guaranty. Newest Nano means Gen 6? My iPod can use 4-5 days

4. ftaok
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

ftaok

I can attest that the 6G nano has pretty terrible battery life. I charge mine every night. Over the course of a day, I use it as a pedometer and if I go to the gym, I have music playing for about an hour.

The louder you play it, the quicker the battery drains. If you use the screen a lot, it also drains it more quickly.

As for draining overnight, that does sound weird. Are you sure that it's not playing a song?

ft

5. SilverBlade
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

I have a Nano 6G, and the battery life isn't terrible. I use mine at the gym (and that includes listening to the TV's through the radio for about an hour while I use the elliptical and then switching to mp3's during my weights) and I have to recharge it about once every 2-3 days.

6. jpez
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

I have turned it completely of and it still drains, yesterday I gave it a full charge and just let it sleep, playing no music and less than 12 hrs later totally it tells me to charge it.

7. rgarjr
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 603

rgarjr

Mine last pretty long. I make sure to turn it completely off when not in use cuz it will drain fast if not.

8. iEvolution
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

Definitely sounds defective. I leave mine on sleep (don't turn it off) and the battery is fine even a week later.

9. Burbank86
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

Hey jpez! I think you're not alone, my battery has drained also too fast, I didn't know what to do. I just took my previous phone))