Nano disappointment

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Malus, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Malus macrumors 6502

So I've had my nano since they came out last year. Its great n all, but recently its been in my pocket with the headphones and there are scratches all over the display screen. I remember there being a lawsuit? or something like that dealing with that.

I'm not complaining or anything, but if it gets to the point that its hard to see the screen would apple give me a new one, since its under a 1 yr warrentY?

I would get a cover for it. But being a college student I have neither the money or the time to.

Thanks a bunch.

2. ColdFlame87 macrumors regular

Its going to take a while if you send it to get it replace i would really recommend finding the time to purchase a case for your ipod they can range anywhere from 10 USD to 100 USD unless you want to wait and see what happens and risk having to wait a few weeks for a replacement. You decide.

3. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Or just use some kind of makeshift approach. Apple sells socks for iPods. I'm sure you have some unmatched old socks.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

It always disappoints me when people use being a college student as an excuse for anything... :(

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Indeed, I'm a college student, and it upsets me when that excuse comes up. I unfortunately fall into that category at times. The house I live in is owned by the father of one of my roommates. His father always talks to me like I'm an ignorant lazy kid, because his only frame of reference he has for the intelligence and attitude of a college student is his son.

It's okay for a college student to admit that he is lazy or busy, just don't use college as an excuse, because I hear it only gets worse in the real world! :eek:

6. briangig macrumors regular

not trying to flame...but you have neither time or money to protect your ipod?

Buy online, in the time it took you to write this post, you could have ordered one with time to spare.

and money? you have easily over two grand in apple products in your signature...

and is 15-20 dollars too much to spend to protect a 200 dollar investment?

7. iGary Guest

iGary

My 1GB nano (my new gym tunes) has nano tubes waiting for it. ;)

8. calculus Guest

calculus

recently its been in my pocket with the headphones and there are scratches all over the display screen

What a surprise! What would you expect to happen?

9. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I'll try to be constructive here... you could try putting Power Solution's Crystal Film on it. This filled in many scuffs on a friend's Nano and it's pretty cheap ($10-$14).

10. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

College student disappointment

In the original post he's already said he doesn't have the time to get any protection for his iPod... He *would* have time, however, to pick up a new nano if Apple would give him one. :rolleyes: And of course, he has plenty of time to post about it here.

11. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

Do you have time to shop for food? Do you have time to browse MacRumors? Then you have time to get a case for your Nano, surely? :rolleyes:

12. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

You're right - no need to be constructive. Heck, the kid probably hs no time to even load the iPod up with songs let alone protect it. (Cue ol' man voice here) When I was in college I was stone broke but still found ways to scrape together cash to buy beer, smokes, etc. - the essentials. Heck, I remember sitting on a curb rolling pennies so I could get a 6 pack of tall boys and some bargain brand hot dogs.

if you can't afford or take the time to get protection for your Nano you probably shouldn't have one in the first place. Try scotch tape next time - you can score some free in the school library if you're lucky.

13. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i have yet to se a nano so scratched that you cant use it, it's all cosmetic.

14. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I thought you cancelled that order?

You lied to me iGary, you've changed man, you've changed.

15. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I just use a soft sunglasses case for my nano....

I keep it in there, and hold my nano (in the sunglass case) in my jacket pocket..never my pants pocket..

If the soft sunglass case is good enough to protect 400 dollar Oakley's, it should protect the nano....

16. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Sorry, the only disappointment I see in this thread is you.

17. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

You're a college student. You have PLENTY of time. Stop deluding yourself.