Nano & DLO Transpod??????

Discussion in 'iPod' started by benwa02, Sep 14, 2005.

1. benwa02 macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2004
    Does anyone know if the Nano and the DLO Transpod FM transmitter/charger would work together????

Ive seen some good reviews on the DLO Transpod, what are your opinions on this product? Or other FM transmitters that are really good that could work with the Nano.

2. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2004
    Peoria/Chicago, IL
    While I'm not sure about how the nano will work the the Transpod I can say that I personally love it. It is a bit on the pricey side, but as long as you know that before you buy it I don't see a problem with that. Another alternative could be the monster iCable (I think that's the name). It's a little cheaper and a lot easier to handle if there are a few people in the car picking the songs, but I like have the transpod in one spot. The transpod also comes with a cable so it could be used similarly to the iCable but it's a bit bulky for that.
  3. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Apr 18, 2005
    It should work as long as the only thing it plugs into is the microphone jack, if it plugs into other stuff such as the itrip then no it won't work

(somebody correct this if incorrect)
  4. benwa02 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2004
    I will look into that thanks.
  5. benwa02 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2004
    I decided to go with Sendstations PocketDock Line Out FireWire toy. So that way I can just connect to the back of my stereo and have mint quality and no hassle with FM transmitters. Has anyone been able to do this with the Pocketdock and been able to keep an amp hooked up to the stereo also. I would need to split the RCA going to both units, possible?
  6. MacsX2 macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2005
    I received the Transpod yesterday. It did not work properly with my Nano (it charges the iPod, but it doesn't play over any frequencies that I tried, and I tried many). I'm returning it and will test another. I'll post again.
  7. danny_w macrumors 601

Mar 8, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Well, according to DLO it should work; they even have a fit kit template for it, and a new model that includes nano support outright. I have read other places that to get line out to work on the nano you sometimes have to reset the nano. Try this before you send it back.
  8. MacsX2 macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2005
    Thanks danny_w! I'll try doing a reset (if the replacement does the same). Hadn't thought about the problem being an issue with the iPod, but it makes sense (and now I feel stupid for sending it back without trying the reset, though, in my admittedly weak defense, I guess I was expecting the Transpod to be plug-and-play as advertised). I'll post again.
  9. MacsX2 macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2005
    The Transpod works with my Nano. I did reset the Nano prior to receiving the replacement, so I suspect that was the initial problem; though, I notice the replacement included the Nano adapter (which the initial did not), albeit it's only a size fitter. Anyway, yes, the DLO Transpod works with my iPod Nano.
  10. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    any one have this, i was looking into it for my 5g ipod, but not sure if it will fit my car...can someone post pics if possible....
    how do you like it?
    Does it flop/turn over as you make a turn....