Nano longer life than iPod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cvkaiser, Sep 15, 2006.

1. cvkaiser macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2006
    Hi all, I had some bad luck with two previous iPods which said goodbye shortly after the one year warranty time... As much as I like the iPods and somehow I want one again I´m a bit afraid that this may happen again. I have a big music collections and could need the additional space of a normal iPod, but I was wondering if the Nanos are maybe life longer because they are based on flash memory and don´t have these moving parts... right!? What are your suggestions or experiences?

Best regards - Christoph
  2. archurban macrumors 6502a

Aug 4, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    comparing with old nano, new nano (second generation) has actually twice size of battery inside (I saw dissection photos). so it goes up to 24 hours. but you metioned you have a big music collection, right? I think that nano is not enough for you. maximum capacity is 8GB now. you'd better get ipod video 30GB or 80GB. the price is the same as previous model. if I were you, I would get 80GB. it's only $349. it's even $50 down. so it's deal.
  3. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

Jun 21, 2004
    ct, us
    Well your logic is pretty good--for instance I have a 1G shuffle that I can't imagine what I could do to it to break it! However, it just wouldn't be practical as my only iPod. Have you considered buying maybe a refurbished 30 or 60 gig and maybe Applecare to go with it?