Nano Recording

Discussion in 'iPod' started by oclor, Sep 17, 2006.

1. oclor macrumors regular

This question is directed to those of you who own a video ipod and have used one of the recording accessories for it such as the one from xtrememac. I am a college student and I record my lectures with a crappy sony recorder. I want to get a nano and an accesory (hopefully they come out with one soon) that can record my lectures. My question is how big are these files when you record them? I have a very small music collection but I've heard that recording takes a ton of space. So i'm wondering wheather to get a 2gb, 4gb, or 8gb. Thanks.

2. oclor thread starter macrumors regular

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

depending on the quality, and the length, the files can be from 1 megabyte, to 100 megs. I suggest the 6 or 8 gig.

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i tried recording lectures a few times but i found that i just gave me an excuse not to pay attention and i wouldn't bother going back to listen to it because i felt like i went to class so why should i go back to listen to the lecture (great work ethic, right?).

however, the few lectures i did record were quite large in size. an hour lecture was over 200MBs if i recall correctly. this was on the highest of all the settings (quality, volume - if that even does anything, etc.). if you're doing a few per day and will transfer them at the end of the day, you should be fine with the 4 or 8. the 2 would probably be too small. i'd personally stick with the video, though.

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

did Apple release a 6GB nano? ;)