nano scratches as if by magic!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by QCassidy352, Dec 5, 2005.

1. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I got this thing home less than 2 hours ago and it's already scratched, including one rather bad one that I'm pretty sure came from putting it in to a case. :rolleyes:

I'd heard about the scratching problem, but simply couldn't believe that it was really this bad. This is unreal; what are these things made of, cellophane?

Pretty unhappy with this purchase right now.

2. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

Return it!

3. muffinman macrumors 6502

muffinman

i don't think u can return it because of scratches... yeah, it really sucks that it scratches so easily. my mini doesn't scratch at all. Apple should use better material or some scratch resistant material next time

4. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yeah, i've thought about returning it, but get what? The video ipod scratches just as easily and the shuffle isn't enough.

Never shoulda sold my mini; it was so much better made. But I was thinking that I'd rather go with a nano than both my mini and my shuffle (I use the shuffle to run and the mini the rest of the time, but the nano works for everything). Just goes to show - if it ain't broken, don't fix it!

5. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

It's just a certain batch, you might be able to return it, my video iPod doesn't scratch at all, and I've seen a nano that doesn't scratch like that.

6. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

really? it's not all of them? Well, even still, it must be a great number of them if a class action lawsuit has been filed!

7. kwajo.com macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

yeah my friend has a nano and it's fine, doesn't have the scratching issue. try returning it and get another nano

8. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

No kidding.

My nano is in a case [skin] now, but I dare not take it out in fear that putting it in the case totally scratched the heck out of it! :eek: