Nano Size vs. 60g photo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jimbo0270, Sep 9, 2005.

1. jimbo0270 macrumors newbie

I took some quick pictures of my nano compared to my 60gb photo and my 15" powerbook in case anyone needs more reference for their size.

All of the pictures can be seen here: Link or go too:
    http://homepage.mac.com/jimbo0270/PhotoAlbum17.html

The picture next to the powerbook lid is a little deceptive.. the Nano is actually a little thinner than the lid.

Also, a little info: It will not sync up using the old firewire cable. I cannot use the auto fill feature to work from a smart playlist.. if there is a way to do this please let me know. The battery seems to last quite a bit longer than on my 60gb but I have not done a real time test. . Oh, and it looks so good in my car (black interior) I think I am going to make a dash mount for it.

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Linky no worky.

3. DJ1UK Guest

The link has a < br > attached to it, the working link is as follows;

link

Thanks for the photos

DJ

4. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

the pic of the nano on the keyboard from the side is awesome, it really shows both of the machines best.

5. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

the more you people post pictures of it the more i want one, but dammit i need 8GB and firewire, my cubes and my ibook lack usb2.

6. sreedy macrumors 6502a

I think there was some rubbish tagged on the end of the link, try this:

Link

7. dcv macrumors G3

Excellent photos, thanks.

I was particularly impressed with the one where you've got them standing against the lid of the PowerBook and the nano is about the same thickness (or thinner). Wow!

8. dephlt macrumors newbie

incredible...
    thanks heaps. with the pb, it really puts it into perspective as im typing on one now :cool:
    now i just need to convince myself that $359AU for the 4GB one is a good investment.... :D :D

thanks again heaps

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, comparing a Nano to the size of my PB keyboard makes it a lot easier, as does being able to compare it to the thickness of the PBs screen (they're around the same thickness).

And man, that black looks sweet. :cool:

10. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

These only make me want one more!
    Great pics - and yes I also like the one compared to your PB lid

11. jimbo0270 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'm glad I could help. I am not sure whats up with the original link. I tried it when I posted it and it worked.. I just edited it and added the address to hopefully make it easier for others and added some info.

12. pammyspyce macrumors regular

pammyspyce

Wow. Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing. Now I want a Nano even more. So much temptation... can't... resist...

:)

13. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

Why only 4gb

I so want a nano but it just dont hold enough music I know i cant expect anymore from something that small but Il have to just look at it and not buy

14. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

I don't know whether to buy a nano or a 60GB color now!! I had been wanting a big HD model and was waiting for Sept. 7th to see what they would change. I was hoping maybe for a 40GB color that way it would be cheaper than the 60GB or a 60GB price drop......

But the nano is soooo fricken amazing..... Hmmmm but only 4GB for $250(USD)....... I might just go with the 60GB. I'll pry wait for after Paris, although there's pry not anything big happening there. Anyways I'm not really in a rush becuase my 3rd Gen 10GB's still kickin'