Nano Woahs!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rob587, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

Well im not really sure why I am posting this... I guess to just get some sympathy. So I ordered a white 4gb nano from apple's site on the 4th of october and today is the 27th and I still dont have it! Its estimated delivery was something like the 10th and a couple days went by without it comming. Then I called fedex like 5 times and on the third time they told me they couldnt find it. Then the customer service rep said the local manager told her to tell me to stop calling and that they would call me back(which by the way never happend). So I guess somehow they lost my nano and I had to file a claim last monday. They say it takes something like 5-7 buisiness days for my claim to be processed then they can give apple the money to send me another. Then they would start the whole process all over again. Why do I feel like a crack addict that is in major need for some appley goodness!?!?! I even went to my local circut city and best buy and they are totally sold out. OH GOD, I THINK IM GONNA DIE IF I DONT GET ONE SOON! I run everyday in silence.:(

EDIT: Its even in my sig for cryin out loud!

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Wow... that is quite a long wait. You can't cancel your order and purchase it from a brick & mortar store? The other 'plus' is that you can go out and get cases/protectors in the mean time. :eek:

3. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Idiots. Just typical.

You have my sympathy. :(

4. MmmPancakes macrumors 6502

MmmPancakes

Thats hard. I've had similar problems with DHL. Usually they lose it for a week, then call me and tell me -I- I have go pick it up from their warehouse, which is 30 minutes away each direction.

I agree with the previous poster. I would call Apple, cancel the order, and once they credit your account in a day or two, run, don't walk, to the nearest retailer and get your Apple Goodness on.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

By now, you should be accustomed to poor service in this area. Almost everything is run by idiots.

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

ROTFL
    very true

7. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

More time for you to go buy a protective case.

8. Rob587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rob587

I can only buy so many protective cases.:( also all of my local retail stores are 100% sold out of nanos. I live in gainesville right now and its kind of like an hour and a half to any other best buy or circuit city nearest to here. oh man.:(

9. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Damn that sucks, man. You definitely have my sympathy here. :)

10. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Sorry to hear about your problem, but I would call Apple and get them involved, as it is Apples responsibility to get the Nano to you.
    I'm also surprised that Fedex let you file a claim since you are not the shipper but the receiver.

I hope you get your Nano soon.

11. Rob587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rob587

thanks for the compassion everyone.... all of my local retail stores have ipod videos available which makes it totally tempting to just buy one of those, eventhough I really need the nano for like running and around school. Another problem is im questioning my color choice again... believe it or not I like closed my eyes and clicked a color. Now that I have the choice again, it haunts me again, but I feel like id be selling out by buying the black. Anyone else feel that way? It looks like most people actually like the black better.

EDIT: oh man, me and my life threatening problems.

12. PhilaScott macrumors regular

PhilaScott

Where? I can't find any locally in the Philly area... any suggestions for a selection online? I'm not impressed with what I've seen on the Apple Store and everything else seems to be either backordered or not released yet. Nothing like having a nano with no place to go!

13. Rob587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rob587

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Woah = excitement.
    Woe = sad. ;)

Sorry to hear of you troubles. Call them back again, and if they say anything, ask to talk to their manager and tell them what is transpiring. I'm still waiting to hear back from one store about my new Mac I asked about over a week ago. Meanwhile, I bought a new iMac from a different store. :rolleyes:

15. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I feel sorry for you. But don't worry, you'll get it soon, and you'll have one and I won't :(