Nano won't transfer iTunes songs

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macnulty, Apr 1, 2006.

1. macnulty macrumors 6502

Brand new Nano, updated SW to 1.1.1 on Nano and iTunes 6.0.4, wll not accept purchased songs. Error explaining my software is too old. My PB G3 has OSX 10.3.9. I'm at wits end ( beer is gone :D ) and the Apple discussion board is almost useless. Any suggestions?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Is the error saying iTunes is too old? Maybe try reinstalling iTunes.

Also, if there's nothing important on the nano, maybe try restoring the firmware. :)

3. macnulty thread starter macrumors 6502

The warning doesn't actually specify what software is too old but does direct the reader to iPod support. The firmware suggestion sounds interesting, as far as iTunes is concerned, I've tried to transfer 2 seperate computers as well as iTunes on different partitions on mine.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm not quite sure what you mean. FWIW, reinstalling iTunes doesn't remove your music/video files. :)

5. macnulty thread starter macrumors 6502

Apologies, I was bit in a rush...I have 2 partitins on my PBG3, one for everyday use, and one I keep pristine w/ 10.3.4, iTunes 6.0, worked in neither partition. Also I have used my Nano (Ba Nano :D ) with my wife's iBook and it works as it should but my wife's Nano exhibits similiar behavor when associated with my PBG3.

I have tried a USB 2.0 pcmcia card, but I only get the error faster.:D

6. macnulty thread starter macrumors 6502

This is maddening, removed iTunes and all related files I could find and deleted them. When attempting to reinstall iTunes 6.0 got a "can't install iTunes, newer version on volume" statement, tries restarting same thing. Search turns up no files with iTunes in its name. Looks like an archive and install in my future, Edgar Cayce where are you?:D

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Did you remove a file named iTunes.pkg because you might need to before reinstalling iTunes. Also, where you using the latest version of iTunes (6.0.4) when reinstalling? :)

8. macnulty thread starter macrumors 6502

:eek: uh, I missed that one in Receipts, I am not worthy:rolleyes:

I shall continue my quest.