Nanosaur 2 To Have 3D Glasses Support

Discussion in 'Games' started by bennetsaysargh, Feb 29, 2004.

1. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

2. coolsoldier macrumors 6502

3. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

Maybe...but I know they released Bugdom 2 last year... :rolleyes:

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

I say bring on the 3D! Wonder how it'll affect gaming? I wish I had a pair to look at the screenshots with.

But really, I can't think of any game that couldn't be cooler with 3D. :D

5. GovornorPhatt macrumors regular

Wow! Nanosaur 2 looks amazing. As long as the gameplay has improved, I 'm probably going to get it. Multiplayer mode sounds cool, as does capture the flag. I had never heard of Nanosaur 2 until today! Pangea has made great games for years and this one looks like no exception.

6. bennetsaysargh thread starter macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i really wonder if the mulitplayer will be over a local network. that shold be great, except that no way i can play against the old iMac, it doesn't meet the requirements:(
    i dont get why other games aren't starting to come 3d like this.

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It makes me wish I had bought a pair of LCD shutter glasses way back when they were available for Atari ST. There were probably only 3 games and a CAD application available but still, the glasses were $150. Now, the only kind left are $1000...eeek!

It's nice to see that Pangea is trying different things. Hopefully, it will catch on with more small developers. (No, I don't know how tall the developers at Pangea are.)

8. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

It's an interesting question tho, why hasn't 3D become the Next Big Thing in gaming? Is it a hardware issue? Does the machine have to think twice as hard? Or is it the red/blue issue, distorting color? Aren't there 3D systems that work w/o red/blue glasses?

There are any number of games out now that I think would look great in 3D, and not just the FPS ones. Simcity 4 and Stronghold would be great in 3D! I wonder if in FPS games people would have to relearn how to aim?

9. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

I have an eye condition which prevents 3d vision, so I don't know what people experience when viewing 3d movies. However, I've come up with an interesting idea for 3d gameplay (i don't know if it meets the stereo 3d criterion, again no experience to judge by).

You would wear a pair of glasses with a signal transmitter of some kind by each eye and would set a sensor atop your monitor. Through an api that game developers would wrap around their open gl model, the game would move the 3d world according to your movement and then render to screen.

If this actually provides an equivalent to stereo 3d, then people who have a similar condition as me (or even those who have lost an eye) would be able to truly enjoy 3d. Of course only one person could control the output at time so this would be useless in a theater. And it would be pretty cheap, probably not more than $50, so you could get great quality (since it's directly rendered) at a very reasonable price.

10. parenthesis macrumors member

I have seizures when viewing flashing blue and red lights. Developers have to be careful about things like that - I can see many lawsuits coming from "poor documentation of possible seizure-inducing graphics"...

11. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

well, if the 3-D gaming thing catches on for other games, we'll see cheap high quality glasses in a very short time.

12. GovornorPhatt macrumors regular

I want my 3D games NOW!

That said, I think that many games could benefit from 3D vision. Some of the games I'd like to see include Sim City 4, Age of Mythology, Second Life (Maybe not for a Massive Online Multiplayer Game), X-plane (a realistic flight sim), and Black and White. Even some pro apps could use it (maya?).

Now if Final Cut Pro supported the 3D glasses and format...

13. bennetsaysargh thread starter macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

for the FCP, wouldn't you then have to map out each object to make it 3d? that might get awfully tedious and not worth it.

or maybe some really expensive camera? is it possible?

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Are you sure you don't just do that when the flashing blue and red lights come on the top of a police car? :D I've come close to a heart attack. (I'm joking, if you can't tell.)

15. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

16. bennetsaysargh thread starter macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i downloaded the demo, and i want it even more! especially with 3d glasses. i can't wait.until i get it. :)

17. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I just tried the demo and thought it was pretty cool except for 1 thing. Pangea has stated that are buddies at Apple have not fixed the HID manager in any Jag version. This means your keyboard may not work. Didnt try unplugging all my usb devices I guess Apple wants us to buy a new OS every year. Game looks very good Apple looks very Bad. Getting so sick of their constant buy the next OS crap. no wonder 98% of the world buys windows. Nice Pangea! enjoyed the first Nanosaur.

18. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

Same here, keyboard doesn't "exist" for the game (on a dual G5 running jag). I wonder if it's only the demo or also the full version. In the latter case Pangea is NOT very cool, because they don't mention that the game basically doesn't work for the majority of the mac user ANYWHERE on their site (or at least nowhere I could find it). The games looks nice, but I think it's pathetic that they release a game that doesn't work with the system it's designed for from the get go. What are they thinking? And blaming apple doesn't cut it. They should have developed it for the different variants. Or wait for the release until the problem is solved.
    disappoining

19. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I just unplugged a few devices and did a reboot and keyboard was recognized. try a restart Dont panic it worked for me. Game does looks very nice but i need some 3d glasses. guess i may get this one.

20. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

i tried rebooting a couple of times, but to no avail. I didn't unplug the keyboard though, just restarted. I'll give it another shot.
    I agree that with the glasses must be really cool.
    (especially on a 21") ;)

21. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

thanks, unplugging the keyboard made the trick. Still, they should spell it out: if it wasn't for you I would have just trashed it and forgot about it.
    I think I'll check it out with the cheapo glasses, i must have a pair lying somewhere. I doubt i'll buy it though. It seems a bit too repetitive. Once I have the glasses, the demo should be enough enough to show off ;)

22. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Has anyone tried this game with the 3d glasses yet? I think i read only certain screens could do this and you needed at least a 64mb video card. Flying Dino around is pretty cool. This is the best stuff I have seen out of Pangea but iam a little biased since I use to play nanosaur. It was a short game but sweet. This is suppose to be a full size game.

23. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

I've tried out the Demo, looks pretty cool, the 3d glasses idea has been around for awhile but this is the first time I've seen it in a computer game, it should work out well

I have always liked Pangea for its games and how they are fun to play

Nice job!
    Might even buy it :)