Napster buyout blocked; fire sale likely

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shrek, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Shrek macrumors 65816

Jul 23, 2002
    Nashville, Tennessee USA

IMHO, this is a very positive move for the Recording Industry. Despite the fact that Napster was denied the oppurtunity to become successful once again, this symbolizes that the law will be enforced and those who break the law will be punished. Two thumbs up! :D
  2. Macpoops macrumors 6502

Jan 15, 2002
    Frankly the moment it became apparent that napster was offically shut down. I stop caring and moved on. Kazaa/Grokster are now the top dogs. Until the day when they will be threatened, but that is a long way off given the nature of the programs. Napster, Audiogalaxy and Listen4ever were all music only, so technically it wasn't filesharing in the sense that it could be useful to those who want to move other types of data. Now Kazaa/grokster, gnutella share everything. Not just a specific type of file. This fact will make them hard to shut down from a legal stand point. So in conclusion. napster is dead and long buried. Who cares any more we've moved on to bigger and better things
  3. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    Napster...? Oh yeah, I remember them! :p

Good riddance. I feel sorry for the guys who started it, tho. Well, okay, not really...