Napster rejects restructure reports

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 16, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: News and Press Releases
    Link: Napster rejects restructure reports
    Description:: Napster has denied claims that the digital music company is on the verge of a major shake-up that could see large numbers of employees lose their jobs.

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by arn

2. macrumors 68040

Stridder44

3. Guest

Ditto...yet one more company to join the graveyard of bad music stores. Eat some crow, Napster!

4. macrumors 6502a

Some_Big_Spoon

Well, I disagree with the "good riddance" comments.. Choice is good. Choice is what gave us the iTunes music store, it's what gave us OSX, what gave us the potential revolution in the Intel Macs. Napster's problem isn't that they have a bad product, it's that they're half-assing it, just like every other company that's in the emusic biz.

Stevo's right, it's going to take M$ going in there and producing and marketing a loss-leader mp3 player to shake things up, which is good! It means Apple's gotta then beat that product, and M$ strives to do the same. It means we get better stuff, and possibly lower price (yeah right) and more choice.

I don't feel badly for napster, I feel badly for the people losing their jobs to porr management decisions.

5. macrumors 6502

Wouldn't half assing it still be a bad product?