NASA and its #1 Problem

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Dont Hurt Me, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Please see Spacewatch,Spacefaring by Bureaucrats over a http://www.spacedaily.com A terrific read on Nasa's biggest problem with waste,paperwork,rules,spending programs,redesign,etc. its amazing you could get anything out that flys through their process but that has been their problem. Lots of designs on paperwork and nothing real. Great article that explains some very real problems at NASA. :(
    (edit) Companies like Scaled Composites wont even bid just because of a mountain of never ending paperwork that is part of the requirement for the new Shuttle replacement.

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Nasa's had it's day. Now we've moved on to private enterprise. There was an awesome article a month or two ago in Popular (Mechanics? Science?) about a Vegas developer who's planning to open an orbital hotel in 2010. He's throwing a huge chunk of his fortune behind the project. I think that Nasa should be kept around, but the market is starting to take over, and I'll be glad to see it take off. :)

3. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

NASA is having lots of problems and throwing away the worlds only Space Telescope is a big one. This week Congress will be looking into the matter again. I urge anyone with a interest in Hubble to contact their Senators. Seems NASA is so tied up in its paperwork and pork barrel programs they will throw away something great like Hubble just for the next pork rind thats coming from George and the gang.