NASA shelves climate satellites

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 9, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

boston globe

how does the bush administration cover the fact that science that disagrees with its ideological conclusions are under attack? by siding with those who say christianity is under attack.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The Shuttle is like a boat to Nasa, sucking everyone of those billions of dollars from all programs and still cant fly. Shuttle was suppose to be in space by now but again it keeps getting delay after delay. Now they say a July Launch meaning they hope it will make space before 2007. Shuttle is a P.O.P.S. Piece of Political Sh.. POPS. Shuttle is killing our space programs and science programs.

3. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

The moon is passé. We've already collected so much information that we don't need to go back. Besides political good feelings, what's the point?

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Well Bush says if can do it on the moon we can do it anywhere only problem is we arent going anywhere with chemical & capsules except the moon. NASA should be focusing on building a real spacecraft with some kind of nuclear drive. Chemicals just arent going to take man anywhere fast enough. Also Nasa should be working harder on the next asteroid or comet with our name on it rather then some grand political program that offers almost nothing in return like the current Apollo redo. No vision just political pork going to all the districts. Our Space program died when the beauracrats & congress started planing it all. So here we are, a 30 yr old shuttle that cant fly removing every dollar from Nasa sitting on the !@#$%^ GROUND! I cant stand it.

5. Desertrat macrumors newbie

The public at large has lost the vision of the Kennedy/Johnson era. So, no pressure on Congress for funding. To further compound the problem, NASA has become bureaucratized to the point that there's a shortage of "outlaw thinking". The latter, when controlled, speeds up progress. (I'm thinking of the "Skunk Works" and the SR-71, as an example.)

Applause to Bush for the space station, but the Royal Order of the Rigid Digit for not pushing for the measurements funding.

'Rat