Nascar on Wii or Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by bowens, Feb 15, 2007.

1. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I have been wanting to play a Nascar racing game lately and I know there is not one out for the Wii. So I searched to see if one was coming and couldn't find an announcement. So I thought I would look for one for my mac. The last one made was 2003 Season which, of course, is not being made anymore. I looked on eBay and a few other sites and it is selling for $150! Does anybody know where I could get this cheaper or have a copy I could buy or copy or something. And does anybody know if EA is planning on releasing a Nascar game for the Wii. It would be stupid not to. This system was made for racing games.

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Check to see if there was a Gamecube NASCAR game

3. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

I would recommends that you go to the video store or your local place where you buy games and pick up Nascar for the Gamecube. It might be a bit old, i think it's 2005, but it's still a good game and will get you pass.

4. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

I didn't even think about this until just now but I have an XBox too. I may go to Walmart tonight and pick up Nascar 07 for XBox. I kind of wanted one for the mac since I have the steering wheel and everything or for the Wii since you steer with the controller. I'm sure one will come out next year for the Wii. Has anybody played Nascar 07? Is it any good. I got decent reviews from IGN and some other places. Around 7.5 or so.

5. ericsthename macrumors regular

yeah, you'll easily find a nascar game for your XBOX. Playing Nascar 2003 on your mac would likely be painful. especially since I noticed that you have an intel mini, playing a racing game in rosetta wouldn't work very well. Racing has always been an extremely neglected genre on the apple platform. You'll have better luck catching a purple polka-dotted wolverine on your front lawn than getting your hands on a recent racing game for os x... we're still waiting for colin mcrae 2005!

6. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Daytona 500 this weekend. YEAH!!!

Anyway. I didn't even realize EA stopped making NASCAR for the Cube. I own 2005 for PS2 and overall its a solid game to have. It will take care of that gaming fix you need. NASCAR 2003 for Mac is more of a simulator and while the game is very in depth in control (like you actually control you car during yellows and entering the pits) it can feel very tedious. I say go out and buy NASCAR 2005 and a Gamecube controller. You will have plenty of fun.

7. bowens thread starter macrumors 6502a

bowens

I picked up Nascar 2005 last night for the XBox. I was going to get 06 or 07 but all Walmart had was 05. It actually got better ratings anyway. I'm not that much of a Nascar fan so I don't really care about having up to date drivers or anything. I played for a couple hours last night and it is a pretty good game. I started the Fight to the Top or whatever it's called. I won my first five races in the Featherlight Series and got an offer for the Truck series. I prefer the truck series over Busch and Nextel so I think I'll stick around here for a while. Thanks for the help. Now I just can't wait for one for the Wii.